I usually do it in a place and time where I know I wouldn’t be bothered. An isolated room to myself at home or a sitting by myself with my laptop in a crowded cafe..with my earphones on work just as fine… afternoon is usually the best time for me… I keep mornings for self improvement and housekeeping whereas evenings for spending time with family and friends…
- Do you always take a break after a deep work session? If so, what do you do during that time?
- How do you stay motivated to do deep work when you feel inspired to do something else, or are not sure your deep work session will be productive?
- What kind of environment do you prefer to work in? A noisy one? Quiet?
- Are there any tricks that I could use to stay motivated? I have a bad habit of staying in my bed and doing projects last minute. Any way you could help?
- I can’t discipline myself and follow my routine so keep falling behind in my studying. How do I overcome this??
- What do you do to avoid distractions?
- Is it optimal to break up deep work periods? I understood that people don’t tend to work optimally after about a 45-minute period?
- How you can do deep work?
- What’s the best way to balance food, activities and workouts?
- How do you learn to trust yourself and trust others?
- How do I wake up early in the morning every day?
- I would like to know if you have a boss and he is really in a bad mood, how do you handle this?
- Whenever I take a break, I lose track of what my plan was and I get totally lost in shallow activities. How can I deal with this?
- What advantage do you get from deep work?
- How do you find the best time of day to do deep work?