I usually do it in a place and time where I know I wouldn’t be bothered. An isolated room to myself at home or a sitting by myself with my laptop in a crowded cafe..with my earphones on work just as fine… afternoon is usually the best time for me… I keep mornings for self improvement and housekeeping whereas evenings for spending time with family and friends…
- How do you block distraction if you work in an open space and people around you are loud or don’t care about interrupting you?
- What can I do to get back into my deep work if I get stuck?
- What is the best time of day to enter into Deep Work?
- How do you keep other people in your household from interrupting you when you’re trying to do Deep Work or to meditate?
- How do you define or identify a deep work task?
- How do you minimize phone distractions when your phone is needed for deep work. Ex: a lot of the programs I use require dual factor authentication to log in which requires a verification text be sent to my phone. They routinely time out after 20 minutes or so of not being in use and require me to log in again. Then I end up down a rabbit hole of checking stuff on my phone
- How many hours a day you consider a good day of work ?
- I’m starting to get in the groove of things again when it comes to finding what will be a work/life balance? What have been your most successful ways to truly developing a Deep Work habit?
- How can I know that I am fully concentrating?
- Do you find yourself procrastinating when you need to start a project? If so how do you get out of that mindset?