Breathing techniques are good, additionally keeping lists and checking off some of the targets. Always keep a positive attitude towards the work that you are doing!
- How do you manage your inbox to keep focused on deep work, but make sure you don’t miss important items?
- I have a great Fabulous AM routine for waking up in the AM, but I struggle still at “not being consciously awake” enough to remind myself through self-talk why I’m choosing to get up early, and to remind myself to not crawl back in bed. How can I jump start the habit?
- What does deep work mean to you? Do you write, sit quietly and let your mind wander? I’m a creative type so I wonder what others consider deep work.
- How do you recognize and address stress when your being asked to do things last minute?
- How long do you do Deep Work? I’ve kept mine at 25 minutes but is there more benefit to focusing for longer at a time?
More than any method or app, one of the most important aspects of mindfulness is finding dedicated, quiet time for yourself. In our extraordinarily busy world, it can be so difficult – but consider getting up fifteen minutes sooner, or switching off once everyone is in bed, and taking that time for focused contemplation.
It is helpful to put my headphones in but not listen to anything (perhaps just the ambient music in the app) and to identify that the moment is now for work or for whatever the purpose is.
Going to a coffee shop and making sure there’s nothing but my water or coffee on my desk or table.
- Is being sincere any way wrong. Is working hard wrong. Should we be careless. Should we do work perfectly or imperfectly? Should we take responsibility or not? Because people who take responsibility are sincere and hardworking but people who are careless, poor, irresponsible are environment friendly. Am I right or not?
- Once I have finished a deep work session of any length, I take a short break. However, I struggle to get back into that deep work state afterwards. Any tips for re-engaging with work after a break?
- How do you commit to your habit and able to do a deep work, without pause?
- What helps you prepare for a deep work session? Things that help you look forward to doing this daily?
- Do you stop deep work when time is up or keep going as long as your in the flow?
- How do you ensure high quality work?
- What does deep work mean for you?
- What do you do to ensure that you stay focused?
- Should I increase my focus time past 25 mins or just keep blocking it out while taking 5 min breaks in between?
- Which tasks do you choose to work on when you’re completing the deep work exercise?