Turn off your phone, block websites that distract you on your computer, set timers for how long you want to work on a certain task and do nothing but that task until you finish it or the timer goes off. I would also recommend you wear headphones and listen to music that isn’t distracting, such as jazz or classical.
Hans Uwe X.
Hi, I use Bose headphones with noise reduction. This puts most people off from interrupting and helps stay concentrated. HTH.
- What are the bigger distractions for you: interior ones like your thoughts or feelings, or exterior, like noises, other people, etc? Which are more challenging for you?
- How can you be less stressed while doing homework?
- Do you set a time limit for deep work or do you just go with the flow?
- How do you work from home?
- How can I have a better focus for deep work?
- How do I stay more consistent with my deep work or any other habit?
- What makes you work for the whole day? (Over eight hours constantly in the deep mindset)
- What are your top strategies for “just getting started”?
- How do you match days with many many meetings and deep work habits?
- What is your favorite type of Deep Work?