Headphones to block out noise, prepare enough work, let some one know that your just going to focus on something for X time, if possible book yourself into a meeting room.
I have made sure I book this alarm for a natural cadence in my day rather than forcing it. Because the alarm comes up around the time that I usually am returning from lunch or a meeting, I am usually still able to make some changes to my plans for the day at this stage. I also make sure that I am always reassessing whether this is still the right time to do this check in, as well as whether I am still ticking off habits that are beneficial to me. It is more important to me to maintain a few small habits that I can use as an anchor for others that I want to add, rather than trying to learn too many new habits at once and getting distracted.
- How to focus and not get distracted
- I sometimes feel guilt when I do not do something creative or productive. Is it ok to just lay in bed some days?
- What kind of stuff do you work on? Sometimes I dont know what to do!
- How do I stay motivated with all that is going on right now?
- How do you get ready to start work ?
- How to mansge time? I find hard to stick to the time to finish a task. Almost like it gives me stress
- What should you do if you are distracted frequently?
- For me, it is hard to find the perfect place for my deep work session. I’m easily distracted by sounds in my surrounding, but there’s isn’t really a place in my house where I can sit alone. Especially now during the Corona crisis… What should I try?
- How do you stay consistent with your routine and productivity level every single day?
- How do you get back on track if you start off distracted early in your work period. Some days I work really well, but I want some ideas on how to reset and self correct on days that aren’t going well.