Headphones to block out noise, prepare enough work, let some one know that your just going to focus on something for X time, if possible book yourself into a meeting room.
I have made sure I book this alarm for a natural cadence in my day rather than forcing it. Because the alarm comes up around the time that I usually am returning from lunch or a meeting, I am usually still able to make some changes to my plans for the day at this stage. I also make sure that I am always reassessing whether this is still the right time to do this check in, as well as whether I am still ticking off habits that are beneficial to me. It is more important to me to maintain a few small habits that I can use as an anchor for others that I want to add, rather than trying to learn too many new habits at once and getting distracted.
- How long should I do deep work?
- How do you commit to something you really don’t want to do? Example: An essay 😂
- How many times a day should I have Deep Work.
- What do you consider deep work.
- Should you take a short break every 20-30mins of deep work?
- How to build focus for such a short time even. I get distracted after every 7 minutes?
- How do you decide what is work you should be thinking of when thinking of deep work?
- What do you do when it’s time to work but yr really not in the mood.
- How do you keep your focus on a task that’s necessary but boring?
- How do you block distraction if you work in an open space and people around you are loud or don’t care about interrupting you?