A noisy environment when I’m doing menial tasks or something visual. A quiet one when I’m reading or studying a language.
- Do you meditate in the dark, with dimmed lights, or with bright lights on? Why?
- What would be the great breakfast which gives energy and is healthy and tasty?
- How long are your morning and evening routines?
- What are some easy and quick breakfast ideas for people who are in a hurry and have no time?
- How to be inspired by work if the work is straightforward and not complicated?
I like a little bit of noise, but not anything too loud. White, variant noise is best for me, like in a cafeteria or cafe. Some upbeat instrumental music (or low-fi beats) works wonders!
A quiet one. Habits are a change in deep beliefs and the only way you are able to access those beliefs is to sit with yourself and ask yourself why you believe what you believe.
I dislike working in complete silence but a noisy one wouldn’t do for me either. I enjoy working with music on, preferably instrumental, so I don’t get distracted by the lyrics 😊
If I have reading or writing to do, I need a quiet environment. I can’t listen to music because if it has lyrics I start listening and singing along and even if it’s instrumental, I start thinking about the melody instead of focusing on reading. Even at a loud, busy coffee shop with background music and noise (where my boyfriend likes to work), I find myself distracted. If I am doing cleaning, math, or drawing, I can always listen to music because I can do both at the same time.
- How do I keep feeling motivated for achievements?
- What do you listen to during deep work?
- How long do you do Deep Work? I’ve kept mine at 25 minutes but is there more benefit to focusing for longer periods at a time?
- Has anybody actually switched to a typewriter or writing by hand just to avoid the distractions of the Internet?
- How do you deal with procrastination?
- For musicians and artists: How do you balance work on your artistic practice with all the business stuff that goes with it?
- I struggle to get deep work done as I keep getting interrupted. This is the nature of my job so I can’t change the interruptions, any suggestions on how to do deep work with interruptions? Thanks.
- How do you deal with tiredness at work? Of course the obvious answer is to get more sleep but at that moment in time, you’re already at work, so what do you do?
- What sort of work do you do for deep work?
- How do you accomplish deep work when you don’t have control over your schedule?