A noisy environment when I’m doing menial tasks or something visual. A quiet one when I’m reading or studying a language.
- I am all positive doing my morning rituals. When it come to night healthy rituals my consistency is pretty low. What I could do to improve it?
- How do you push through working hard during an exercise? I would like techniques to push through mental blocks of what I think I am capable of
- What do you eat as a great breakfast?
- How do you approach your life?
- Do you know arugula plant? I read that it’s healthy but prepared a green juice with it and it tasted really odd. What do you include in a delicious and healthy green juice? Do you think that drink or everyday is good?
I like a little bit of noise, but not anything too loud. White, variant noise is best for me, like in a cafeteria or cafe. Some upbeat instrumental music (or low-fi beats) works wonders!
A quiet one. Habits are a change in deep beliefs and the only way you are able to access those beliefs is to sit with yourself and ask yourself why you believe what you believe.
I dislike working in complete silence but a noisy one wouldn’t do for me either. I enjoy working with music on, preferably instrumental, so I don’t get distracted by the lyrics 😊
If I have reading or writing to do, I need a quiet environment. I can’t listen to music because if it has lyrics I start listening and singing along and even if it’s instrumental, I start thinking about the melody instead of focusing on reading. Even at a loud, busy coffee shop with background music and noise (where my boyfriend likes to work), I find myself distracted. If I am doing cleaning, math, or drawing, I can always listen to music because I can do both at the same time.
- What kinds of things do you consider to be deep work?
- Any hint to actually do the most important big tasks, during the deep work session, instead of smaller, also necessary but less critical tasks?
- I am building a program for my current workplace, and the tasks and categories are unclear. How do I set up a work schedule for myself to get some flow, instead of being choppy and distracted?
- What’s the difference between Deep Work and Block Distractions? They sound the same.
- How do you best keep yourself on track during a deep work session?
- How do you stay on track with exercise on the weekends when you want to sleep in?
- What you do when you catch yourself getting distracted?
- I have this problem of switching tasks when I have a lot of them. Say for example I start working on task 1 using deep work and I complete it. That’s when it’s so difficult for me to switch or take up a new task. I can handle task 2 when task 1 is still in progress, but when it gets completed, my mind and body goes to relaxation state automatically and I start to procrastinate. How can I stop myself from doing this?
- When the alarm goes off to finish the session, I immediately become distracted again. I start diving into all new stimuli I missed out on while in deep work (like new emails, etc.). How do I keep my focus when I don’t have an app timing me?
- Do you think it’s important to perform each step of a ritual in the order and within the time limits you have laid out for it?