I like a little bit of noise, but not anything too loud. White, variant noise is best for me, like in a cafeteria or cafe. Some upbeat instrumental music (or low-fi beats) works wonders!
If I have reading or writing to do, I need a quiet environment. I can’t listen to music because if it has lyrics I start listening and singing along and even if it’s instrumental, I start thinking about the melody instead of focusing on reading. Even at a loud, busy coffee shop with background music and noise (where my boyfriend likes to work), I find myself distracted. If I am doing cleaning, math, or drawing, I can always listen to music because I can do both at the same time.
A quiet one. Habits are a change in deep beliefs and the only way you are able to access those beliefs is to sit with yourself and ask yourself why you believe what you believe.
I dislike working in complete silence but a noisy one wouldn’t do for me either. I enjoy working with music on, preferably instrumental, so I don’t get distracted by the lyrics 😊
A noisy environment when I’m doing menial tasks or something visual. A quiet one when I’m reading or studying a language.
- How to focus and not get distracted
- I sometimes feel guilt when I do not do something creative or productive. Is it ok to just lay in bed some days?
- What kind of stuff do you work on? Sometimes I dont know what to do!
- How do I stay motivated with all that is going on right now?
- How do you get ready to start work ?
- How to mansge time? I find hard to stick to the time to finish a task. Almost like it gives me stress
- What should you do if you are distracted frequently?
- For me, it is hard to find the perfect place for my deep work session. I’m easily distracted by sounds in my surrounding, but there’s isn’t really a place in my house where I can sit alone. Especially now during the Corona crisis… What should I try?
- How do you stay consistent with your routine and productivity level every single day?
- How do you get back on track if you start off distracted early in your work period. Some days I work really well, but I want some ideas on how to reset and self correct on days that aren’t going well.