I like a little bit of noise, but not anything too loud. White, variant noise is best for me, like in a cafeteria or cafe. Some upbeat instrumental music (or low-fi beats) works wonders!
If I have reading or writing to do, I need a quiet environment. I can’t listen to music because if it has lyrics I start listening and singing along and even if it’s instrumental, I start thinking about the melody instead of focusing on reading. Even at a loud, busy coffee shop with background music and noise (where my boyfriend likes to work), I find myself distracted. If I am doing cleaning, math, or drawing, I can always listen to music because I can do both at the same time.
A quiet one. Habits are a change in deep beliefs and the only way you are able to access those beliefs is to sit with yourself and ask yourself why you believe what you believe.
I dislike working in complete silence but a noisy one wouldn’t do for me either. I enjoy working with music on, preferably instrumental, so I don’t get distracted by the lyrics 😊
A noisy environment when I’m doing menial tasks or something visual. A quiet one when I’m reading or studying a language.
- How do you get consistent on the work?
- How long do you take breaks for?
- Have you tried using a 20-30 minute hourglass?
- How can I focus on my studies longer 📚
- How do you organise or plan you work?
- How many times of deep work can done in one day?
- Does the distraction list help?
- How long should your deep work be?
- How do you say no politely
- How much time do they spend deep in work?