I work best in the morning before my kids are up, but if you're a night owl it might be better for you to do things in the evening or before bed. For no brain tasks a good rule of thumb is if it takes 2 mins or less do it now. Otherwise I do them during deep work once or twice a week. If you start the 'do it now' rule you won't have to worry about prioritizing.
Depends on where your energy lies most. For me, I have plenty of energy when I wake up so those first 4 hours are super important to get the hard tasks done. By afternoon, depending on if I need to work more, I enjoy taking a break and being mindful of that break. Once 4pm hits, my body hits that lazy point where I can do mindless tasks.
- I prefer longer deep work sessions because I have read Cal Newport’s book Deep Work” . How do you customize the time and length of the deep work sessions?
- Do you try to tackle multiple small tasks or one large task during your deep work?
- My deep work is my secret project and I am my secret project to grow and heal. What are some ideas for other areas of deep work that could help me on my secret mission?
- What space do you set aside for yourself to do deep work?
- How do you get motivated to do something you have to do but dread doing??
- I feel like I have got used to the habit of distraction, especially when my phone is bymyside. Shall I leave it somewhere out of reach or try not be distracted while keeping it bymyside?
- What techniques do you use to build deep work habit?
- What do you do if you feel you’re working on something that might not be correct. As in writing an assignment but feel like you’re are doing it wrong or could work more productively?
- What is deep work really help to improve your life, how your feel?
- Do you ever get tempted by distractions ?