I work best in the morning before my kids are up, but if you're a night owl it might be better for you to do things in the evening or before bed. For no brain tasks a good rule of thumb is if it takes 2 mins or less do it now. Otherwise I do them during deep work once or twice a week. If you start the 'do it now' rule you won't have to worry about prioritizing.
- What is something I can do right now to increase my productivity?
- How do you stay focused when work-related chats, like Slack, constantly demand your attention?
- How can you condense your work to 25 minutes?
- How do you count the deep work, any kind of uninterrupted intense activity or just intellectual? Work related only or maybe life related only?
- What is your favourite music to do focused work to?
Depends on where your energy lies most. For me, I have plenty of energy when I wake up so those first 4 hours are super important to get the hard tasks done. By afternoon, depending on if I need to work more, I enjoy taking a break and being mindful of that break. Once 4pm hits, my body hits that lazy point where I can do mindless tasks.
- Do you have problem with short attention span? Do you find it difficult to concentrate?
- Why is Deep Work recommended in the afternoon?
- What do you do when you encounter sudden distractions that fatigue you?
- What do you mean by deep work habit?
- How do you choose what to work on? I find myself straying away from tasks I am afraid I will fail at, and sometimes even trick myself into taking on less important tasks, instead.
- What exactly is deep work?
- Do you find it more beneficial to deeply focus on tasks at hand or spend time on an ongoing project when you are fully focused for a dedicated time span?
- How do you block out distractions?
- What process do you go through when working on the Deep Work habit? Also, would someone expound on the Morning Pages habit? I’m not sure that I am doing it correctly!
- How do you keep up with Fabulous?