Depends on where your energy lies most. For me, I have plenty of energy when I wake up so those first 4 hours are super important to get the hard tasks done. By afternoon, depending on if I need to work more, I enjoy taking a break and being mindful of that break. Once 4pm hits, my body hits that lazy point where I can do mindless tasks.
I work best in the morning before my kids are up, but if you're a night owl it might be better for you to do things in the evening or before bed. For no brain tasks a good rule of thumb is if it takes 2 mins or less do it now. Otherwise I do them during deep work once or twice a week. If you start the 'do it now' rule you won't have to worry about prioritizing.
- What kinds of tasks do you consider deep work? And how long do you dedicate to them?
- Do you play music while doing deep work?
- How do you re-focus on your deep work when you realize you have become distracted?
- What are the bigger distractions for you: interior ones like your thoughts or feelings, or exterior, like noises, other people, etc? Which are more challenging for you?
- How can you be less stressed while doing homework?
- Do you set a time limit for deep work or do you just go with the flow?
- How do you work from home?
- How can I have a better focus for deep work?
- How do I stay more consistent with my deep work or any other habit?
- What makes you work for the whole day? (Over eight hours constantly in the deep mindset)