Not having my phone on me. I often let my 2 year old play games on it while I work because it keeps him occupied and me off it.
- Do you know any software for Windows 10 that really blocks distractions?
- How do I get back on track after I realized I got distracted and will not be able to complete all my tasks for the day?
- What kind of deep work do you do?
- How do you prevent distractions where you’re working?
- What are your 3 most frequent interruptions during Deep Work?
Music, especially with vocals, really distracts me (as much as I hate admitting it lol). So when I’m at a quiet space, I will often only listen to the sounds of the world around me 😊❤️
I clear off my desk, put phone, etc on silent, have only my focus materials in front of me, sit, and let my mind drift into the project at hand.
- I prefer longer deep work sessions because I have read Cal Newport’s book Deep Work” . How do you customize the time and length of the deep work sessions?
- Do you try to tackle multiple small tasks or one large task during your deep work?
- My deep work is my secret project and I am my secret project to grow and heal. What are some ideas for other areas of deep work that could help me on my secret mission?
- What space do you set aside for yourself to do deep work?
- How do you get motivated to do something you have to do but dread doing??
- I feel like I have got used to the habit of distraction, especially when my phone is bymyside. Shall I leave it somewhere out of reach or try not be distracted while keeping it bymyside?
- What techniques do you use to build deep work habit?
- What do you do if you feel you’re working on something that might not be correct. As in writing an assignment but feel like you’re are doing it wrong or could work more productively?
- What is deep work really help to improve your life, how your feel?
- Do you ever get tempted by distractions ?