- I have often troubles deciding what should I focus on during Deep Work. How do I chose what to work on when there is so many things to do?
- How do I unplug?
- How do you choose what to do during deep work every day?
- How do you get your mind to relax & concentrate on a particularly difficult, stressful or a very distracting day to get your deep work done? Also, how do you motivate yourself when you’re not feeling well to do the deep work anyway?
- What do you do after a breakdown to start anew?
Piled up. Then I work as long as I can on one project. Switch to another until it's done, times up or I Need to streach. It is amazing how time flys when you get engrossed in things.
The more you deep work the longer between streaches…it is productive.
Work on only one task
Use the pomodoro technique
Put your phone away
Put on headphones
Exercise a clean desk policy whether it be real or virtual. Observe distractions and take steps to remove or compartmentalize.
1) keep it short, say about 25 mins. After one session take a break and return to your task.You could use Pomdordo technique.
2) keep all your gadgets away and choose a place where you won't be distracted.
And most importantly remember , it's not about the duration of your deep work session but how productive you were at that time. Instead of working for 4 hours continuously you would work in 4 sessions of 1 hours each and take a break of about 10 mins after each session. In this way your mind will be refreshed and not exhausted.
-ensure you have a checklist or a do list that you can tick off once you are finished ( add even the smallest thing because completing it and giving yourself a tick will make you feel accomplished)
-give yourself a set time like 25-45 minutes and make sure to do nothing but study work during that time even if you feel really unproductive as you will slowly get used to working
-take frequent breaks but make sure to refrain from watching shows or dramas as you will get addicted and lose the will power to study more so it's better to use breaks for a little tidying up, having snacks, a short walk and a little stretching to focus better.
-take naps when you feel sleepy during studying, this will help you to regain focus.
– if you have distracting thoughts or an urge to do something then keep a notebook and write that thought down to do it later hence you can concentrate on your study material.
-keep practicing until you can do deep work to your satisfaction
-lastly, don't try to be perfect because remember slow work is better than no work and when we try to be perfect we hinder ourselves more rather than helping ourselves.
Hope this helps 😊 good luck!!!
- What do you do to avoid distractions?
- Is it optimal to break up deep work periods? I understood that people don’t tend to work optimally after about a 45-minute period?
- How you can do deep work?
- What’s the best way to balance food, activities and workouts?
- How do you learn to trust yourself and trust others?
- How do I wake up early in the morning every day?
- I would like to know if you have a boss and he is really in a bad mood, how do you handle this?
- Whenever I take a break, I lose track of what my plan was and I get totally lost in shallow activities. How can I deal with this?
- What advantage do you get from deep work?
- How do you find the best time of day to do deep work?