Piled up. Then I work as long as I can on one project. Switch to another until it's done, times up or I Need to streach. It is amazing how time flys when you get engrossed in things.
The more you deep work the longer between streaches…it is productive.
Work on only one task
Use the pomodoro technique
Put your phone away
Put on headphones
Exercise a clean desk policy whether it be real or virtual. Observe distractions and take steps to remove or compartmentalize.
1) keep it short, say about 25 mins. After one session take a break and return to your task.You could use Pomdordo technique.
2) keep all your gadgets away and choose a place where you won't be distracted.
And most importantly remember , it's not about the duration of your deep work session but how productive you were at that time. Instead of working for 4 hours continuously you would work in 4 sessions of 1 hours each and take a break of about 10 mins after each session. In this way your mind will be refreshed and not exhausted.
-ensure you have a checklist or a do list that you can tick off once you are finished ( add even the smallest thing because completing it and giving yourself a tick will make you feel accomplished)
-give yourself a set time like 25-45 minutes and make sure to do nothing but study work during that time even if you feel really unproductive as you will slowly get used to working
-take frequent breaks but make sure to refrain from watching shows or dramas as you will get addicted and lose the will power to study more so it's better to use breaks for a little tidying up, having snacks, a short walk and a little stretching to focus better.
-take naps when you feel sleepy during studying, this will help you to regain focus.
– if you have distracting thoughts or an urge to do something then keep a notebook and write that thought down to do it later hence you can concentrate on your study material.
-keep practicing until you can do deep work to your satisfaction
-lastly, don't try to be perfect because remember slow work is better than no work and when we try to be perfect we hinder ourselves more rather than helping ourselves.
Hope this helps 😊 good luck!!!
- What is your hack for doing deep work, especially when you have to do a task that isn’t very interesting?
- How do you stay focused during a Deep Work session?
- My deep work is my secret project and I am using my secret project to grow and heal. What are some ideas for other areas of deep work that could help me on my secret mission?
- How do you decide which time of the day is best for deep work and good for other no-brain tasks? How do you prioritise if no-brain tasks need to be done as soon as possible and you have many of them?
- How do you prioritize what deep work to do?
- What is the best way to meditate?
- Do you adjust your deep work sessions according to the task or do you simply work in regular intervals?
- Do you find it easier setting the reminder timers or is it better to just do each routine at specific time in the day as my shift are unpredictable and it’s hard to have a set start and end to my day?
- How do you motivate yourself and get ready?
- How do you organize your time to be efficient in deep work?