- How do you deal with incomplete tasks you set for a particular day?
- Do exercise 10 minutes a day consistently will results in healthy body in the long run?
- How do you stay consistent with your workout when you don’t have time?
- Is there a great sustainable toothpick?
- How can I stay positive among critical people?
Piled up. Then I work as long as I can on one project. Switch to another until it's done, times up or I Need to streach. It is amazing how time flys when you get engrossed in things.
The more you deep work the longer between streaches…it is productive.
Work on only one task
Use the pomodoro technique
Put your phone away
Put on headphones
Exercise a clean desk policy whether it be real or virtual. Observe distractions and take steps to remove or compartmentalize.
1) keep it short, say about 25 mins. After one session take a break and return to your task.You could use Pomdordo technique.
2) keep all your gadgets away and choose a place where you won't be distracted.
And most importantly remember , it's not about the duration of your deep work session but how productive you were at that time. Instead of working for 4 hours continuously you would work in 4 sessions of 1 hours each and take a break of about 10 mins after each session. In this way your mind will be refreshed and not exhausted.
-ensure you have a checklist or a do list that you can tick off once you are finished ( add even the smallest thing because completing it and giving yourself a tick will make you feel accomplished)
-give yourself a set time like 25-45 minutes and make sure to do nothing but study work during that time even if you feel really unproductive as you will slowly get used to working
-take frequent breaks but make sure to refrain from watching shows or dramas as you will get addicted and lose the will power to study more so it's better to use breaks for a little tidying up, having snacks, a short walk and a little stretching to focus better.
-take naps when you feel sleepy during studying, this will help you to regain focus.
– if you have distracting thoughts or an urge to do something then keep a notebook and write that thought down to do it later hence you can concentrate on your study material.
-keep practicing until you can do deep work to your satisfaction
-lastly, don't try to be perfect because remember slow work is better than no work and when we try to be perfect we hinder ourselves more rather than helping ourselves.
Hope this helps 😊 good luck!!
- How do you differentiate a deep and shallow work and schedule time appropriately?
- What tips and tricks do you have for getting back into work after interruptions? I work in a place where interruptions happen a lot and are difficult to avoid, even when I have my headphones on…
- Where should I carry out my deep work sessions?
- I would be particularly interested in getting more information how to develop and improve my skills in focusing on my work? What kind of behavior should I avoid to not to lose control over it?
- How many deep work sessions can I do in a day?
- When you work in a field in science, such doing a PhD, how to keep focused and prevent procrastinating?
- What do you prioritize in the morning? My habits are adding up and I think I need to choose some.
- How do you prevent distractions where you’re working?
- How do you get to your deep work session if you have meetings and other chores together with colleagues all day?
- What can I include in my deep work apart from study and physical activity???