We changed to open concept about 8 months ago. I hate it. As you said there are more interruptions and noise. When I’m in the office I use earbuds and listen to music. It really helps
Setting a rule of not doing anything else other than focusing on one task for a dedicated amount of time helps me understand how dedicating my time religiously to one thing enable me to say “no” or “later” to the distractions easily. Knowing when I will be available for those distractions is a helpful habit to develop.
I have my own office but imagine that putting on noise-cancelling headphones would help with one part. The other part would involve talking to your coworkers so they understand that when you have your headphones on, you are in focus mode and are not to be disturbed unless the building burns. There is a third part; you need to take some breaks to provide opportunity (formal meetings, informal breaks) to let your environment be able to reach you.
I guess sometimes the environment can outsmart you, but you can usually set some limits for environment can interact with yourself, and/or discuss this need with them.
Porf Rio P.
Noise cancelling headphones. Coffee shop ambience with background music. A sign that I change on my desk that notifies my coworker when I’m concentrating and when I can be interrupted. A timer to keep focus.
- What online resources do you recommend studying?
- How do stay focused while working, with out opening other tabs or your mind wandering?
- How do you stay focused for 4 hours?
- What is your favorite way to study?
- How can I focus on these days when I have absolutely no motivation to do anything and I feel tired?
- What is the best way to study for a big exam?
- Typing or writing? Which one do you like best?
- How can i learning english as far as possible ?
- Are u really concerntrating in the deep work??If so how??and if not why?
- How to get motivation for the deep work habit?