We changed to open concept about 8 months ago. I hate it. As you said there are more interruptions and noise. When I’m in the office I use earbuds and listen to music. It really helps
- What your best tip to develop self control?
- What do you do if you’re interrupted? Restart?
- How can you condense your work to 25 minutes?
- How do you deal with the brain not focusing? Sometimes I clear my desk and sit down to focus on the task, an hour later I realise I have just spent most of the time staring into space and either not taken in the information, or worse, still made a ton of mistakes in the task, meaning I have to go back and start again.
- How can you sit down to do a task with focus?
Setting a rule of not doing anything else other than focusing on one task for a dedicated amount of time helps me understand how dedicating my time religiously to one thing enable me to say “no” or “later” to the distractions easily. Knowing when I will be available for those distractions is a helpful habit to develop.
I have my own office but imagine that putting on noise-cancelling headphones would help with one part. The other part would involve talking to your coworkers so they understand that when you have your headphones on, you are in focus mode and are not to be disturbed unless the building burns. There is a third part; you need to take some breaks to provide opportunity (formal meetings, informal breaks) to let your environment be able to reach you.
I guess sometimes the environment can outsmart you, but you can usually set some limits for environment can interact with yourself, and/or discuss this need with them.
Noise cancelling headphones. Coffee shop ambience with background music. A sign that I change on my desk that notifies my coworker when I’m concentrating and when I can be interrupted. A timer to keep focus.
- Is being sincere any way wrong. Is working hard wrong. Should we be careless. Should we do work perfectly or imperfectly? Should we take responsibility or not? Because people who take responsibility are sincere and hardworking but people who are careless, poor, irresponsible are environment friendly. Am I right or not?
- Once I have finished a deep work session of any length, I take a short break. However, I struggle to get back into that deep work state afterwards. Any tips for re-engaging with work after a break?
- How do you commit to your habit and able to do a deep work, without pause?
- What helps you prepare for a deep work session? Things that help you look forward to doing this daily?
- Do you stop deep work when time is up or keep going as long as your in the flow?
- How do you ensure high quality work?
- What does deep work mean for you?
- What do you do to ensure that you stay focused?
- Should I increase my focus time past 25 mins or just keep blocking it out while taking 5 min breaks in between?
- Which tasks do you choose to work on when you’re completing the deep work exercise?