- How do you stop procrastinating during your Deep Work habit?
- What if you find you just cannot focus after a busy day?
- Any advice to help me stay focused during deep work?
- How do you sustain deep work when you have never been able to do so no matter how hard you try?
- When the alarm goes off to finish the session, I immediately become distracted again. I start diving into all new stimuli I missed out on while in deep work (like new emails, etc.). How do I keep my focus when I don’t have an app timing me?
If you lost your focus while meditating simply acknowledge the thing that is distracting you and start thinking about your breath start saying inhale and exhale in your mind
If you feel that you have lost your focus on life then simply try to be more mindful and make new habits or resolution or start a new think of it as a new opportunity for you to start again
For many distractions that helps me avoid getting derailed by the distraction while clearing my mind from concern about what I’m missing, since I can go back to it later without fear of forgetting it.
Some distractions are too urgently compelling to ignore, like a call from someone important or potentially important. I use a pomodoro timer to divide up my focus periods and let me reassess my priorities every period, and for urgently compelling distractions I just pause it and leave the timer visible. That reminds me I’m in the middle of a focus period so I can get back to it after a brief distraction or skip the interval and start over if the distraction is a long one. This is helping me so far.
- What is your hack for doing deep work, especially when you have to do a task that isn’t very interesting?
- How do you stay focused during a Deep Work session?
- My deep work is my secret project and I am using my secret project to grow and heal. What are some ideas for other areas of deep work that could help me on my secret mission?
- How do you decide which time of the day is best for deep work and good for other no-brain tasks? How do you prioritise if no-brain tasks need to be done as soon as possible and you have many of them?
- How do you prioritize what deep work to do?
- What is the best way to meditate?
- Do you adjust your deep work sessions according to the task or do you simply work in regular intervals?
- Do you find it easier setting the reminder timers or is it better to just do each routine at specific time in the day as my shift are unpredictable and it’s hard to have a set start and end to my day?
- How do you motivate yourself and get ready?
- How do you organize your time to be efficient in deep work?