I like to make that type a deep dive into my plan for the day. It really helps to align with my goals for the day and to be intentional about how i use my time.
- Can I do many tasks in one deep work session?
- Do you work out?
- How do you start working when you are so lazy and used to procrastinating?
- How do you prevent other stuff from taking over your deep work time?
- (I’m a student.) If you feel ill, how do you decide objectively whether to work or to skip the work session and take it easy? I find it easy to use a slight feeling of illness as an excuse not to work.
My job is pretty tech-centric, so I tend to do some programming or project planning. It’s easier for me to shift into other modes, whether that’s computer languages or agile project management early in the mornings.
It can be a book I am reading or an article. Also I am learning something new Italian for example.Whatever you do isn’t important just do it concentrating for 25 mn is important. For me it is harder than it sounds.
I am doing some studying so i can go to the uni next year. Some times i do some cleaning and getting rid of stuff that no longer serve me
I’m a data scientist, so for me Deep Work is writing software, solving problems on paper, and writing reports. I don’t include reading without note taking, talking to people or calling, or really mindless documentation (have to make a judgment call on that).
Track budget, email in box to zero, plan out errands, menu planning, grocery list/online order to pick up, various tasks for my business, vacation planning.
I generally work on my weaker sections of my syllabus and doing it with a cup of coffee can really increase your stamina
- I prefer longer deep work sessions because I have read Cal Newport’s book Deep Work” . How do you customize the time and length of the deep work sessions?
- Do you try to tackle multiple small tasks or one large task during your deep work?
- My deep work is my secret project and I am my secret project to grow and heal. What are some ideas for other areas of deep work that could help me on my secret mission?
- What space do you set aside for yourself to do deep work?
- How do you get motivated to do something you have to do but dread doing??
- I feel like I have got used to the habit of distraction, especially when my phone is bymyside. Shall I leave it somewhere out of reach or try not be distracted while keeping it bymyside?
- What techniques do you use to build deep work habit?
- What do you do if you feel you’re working on something that might not be correct. As in writing an assignment but feel like you’re are doing it wrong or could work more productively?
- What is deep work really help to improve your life, how your feel?
- Do you ever get tempted by distractions ?