I like to make that type a deep dive into my plan for the day. It really helps to align with my goals for the day and to be intentional about how i use my time.
- How do you differentiate a deep and shallow work and schedule time appropriately?
- How do you do deep work when you need a computer and therefore have to be surrounded by other people – and distractions?
- How do I wake up early in the morning every day?
- I work in retail. I have anything but a regular schedule. Trying to build routines that can’t be routine by a clock is tough. Help?
- How do you enable “Deep Work” in an open environment where you are playing the role of a manager, whose key job is to enable the team reach their full potential.
My job is pretty tech-centric, so I tend to do some programming or project planning. It’s easier for me to shift into other modes, whether that’s computer languages or agile project management early in the mornings.
It can be a book I am reading or an article. Also I am learning something new Italian for example.Whatever you do isn’t important just do it concentrating for 25 mn is important. For me it is harder than it sounds.
I am doing some studying so i can go to the uni next year. Some times i do some cleaning and getting rid of stuff that no longer serve me
I’m a data scientist, so for me Deep Work is writing software, solving problems on paper, and writing reports. I don’t include reading without note taking, talking to people or calling, or really mindless documentation (have to make a judgment call on that).
Track budget, email in box to zero, plan out errands, menu planning, grocery list/online order to pick up, various tasks for my business, vacation planning.
I generally work on my weaker sections of my syllabus and doing it with a cup of coffee can really increase your stamina
- Is being sincere any way wrong. Is working hard wrong. Should we be careless. Should we do work perfectly or imperfectly? Should we take responsibility or not? Because people who take responsibility are sincere and hardworking but people who are careless, poor, irresponsible are environment friendly. Am I right or not?
- Once I have finished a deep work session of any length, I take a short break. However, I struggle to get back into that deep work state afterwards. Any tips for re-engaging with work after a break?
- How do you commit to your habit and able to do a deep work, without pause?
- What helps you prepare for a deep work session? Things that help you look forward to doing this daily?
- Do you stop deep work when time is up or keep going as long as your in the flow?
- How do you ensure high quality work?
- What does deep work mean for you?
- What do you do to ensure that you stay focused?
- Should I increase my focus time past 25 mins or just keep blocking it out while taking 5 min breaks in between?
- Which tasks do you choose to work on when you’re completing the deep work exercise?