I like to make that type a deep dive into my plan for the day. It really helps to align with my goals for the day and to be intentional about how i use my time.
- Are there any tricks that I could use to stay motivated? I have a bad habit of staying in my bed and doing projects last minute. Any way you could help?
- What do you prioritize in the morning? My habits are adding up and I think I need to choose some.
- What was the best advice you ever received on being productive?
- How do I eliminate distractions?
- How do you accomplish deep work when you don’t have control over your schedule?
My job is pretty tech-centric, so I tend to do some programming or project planning. It’s easier for me to shift into other modes, whether that’s computer languages or agile project management early in the mornings.
It can be a book I am reading or an article. Also I am learning something new Italian for example.Whatever you do isn’t important just do it concentrating for 25 mn is important. For me it is harder than it sounds.
I am doing some studying so i can go to the uni next year. Some times i do some cleaning and getting rid of stuff that no longer serve me
I’m a data scientist, so for me Deep Work is writing software, solving problems on paper, and writing reports. I don’t include reading without note taking, talking to people or calling, or really mindless documentation (have to make a judgment call on that).
Track budget, email in box to zero, plan out errands, menu planning, grocery list/online order to pick up, various tasks for my business, vacation planning.
I generally work on my weaker sections of my syllabus and doing it with a cup of coffee can really increase your stamina
- What do you do to avoid distractions?
- Is it optimal to break up deep work periods? I understood that people don’t tend to work optimally after about a 45-minute period?
- How you can do deep work?
- What’s the best way to balance food, activities and workouts?
- How do you learn to trust yourself and trust others?
- How do I wake up early in the morning every day?
- I would like to know if you have a boss and he is really in a bad mood, how do you handle this?
- Whenever I take a break, I lose track of what my plan was and I get totally lost in shallow activities. How can I deal with this?
- What advantage do you get from deep work?
- How do you find the best time of day to do deep work?