I go back to writing a task list… this app has really helped, though. If I just get back into my routine after the diversion, I find I didn’t lose much ground at all.
- I’ve chosen to work on something during the Deep Work session that’s intimidating for me (involves learning a new skill/trial and error, time/cost commitment) and I find myself putting it off due to anxiety. Any advice?
- Whenever I take a break, I lose track of what my plan was and I get totally lost in shallow activities. How can I deal with this?
- How do you enable “Deep Work” in an open environment where you are playing the role of a manager, whose key job is to enable the team reach their full potential.
- What do you mean by deep work habit?
- How do I unplug?
I think about how good these little regiments make me feel. How in control and how doing them makes me feel better about who I am by not wanting to be somebody else but actually being the person I choose to be.
Take a deep breath to wash out the stress. Then, think to yourself, ”I’ve solved problems before, I can solve this one now.” The main thing to remember is that the first step to solving a problem is not to think about if you’ll solve it or when you’ll solve it, its to just start solving it.
- I prefer longer deep work sessions because I have read Cal Newport’s book Deep Work” . How do you customize the time and length of the deep work sessions?
- Do you try to tackle multiple small tasks or one large task during your deep work?
- My deep work is my secret project and I am my secret project to grow and heal. What are some ideas for other areas of deep work that could help me on my secret mission?
- What space do you set aside for yourself to do deep work?
- How do you get motivated to do something you have to do but dread doing??
- I feel like I have got used to the habit of distraction, especially when my phone is bymyside. Shall I leave it somewhere out of reach or try not be distracted while keeping it bymyside?
- What techniques do you use to build deep work habit?
- What do you do if you feel you’re working on something that might not be correct. As in writing an assignment but feel like you’re are doing it wrong or could work more productively?
- What is deep work really help to improve your life, how your feel?
- Do you ever get tempted by distractions ?