I try to spend my break time during work, doing a small type of meditation. So that I can recharge. It could be just observing something, not really thinking about anything or processing the sounds around me. Just trying to live in present moment.
- How do you stay on track with exercise on the weekends when you want to sleep in?
- Why is tea recommended over coffee?
- What do you do when you feel every plan you make is being blocked?
- What are you learning? 🙂
- Do you have any little rituals you perform around your Deep Work session to get you in an optimal Fabulous?
Take a walk, don't smoke, drink water, combine it maybe with buying some healthier food options in a grocery store rather than probably unhealthy/too big canteen options. I feel to big lunch will get you tired and not 100% focus in the afternoon
Doing whichever suits you best I guess. If you are a « people person » enjoy sharing your break with colleagues and friends. If you are more of an introvert, use the time to read, meditate, do sport and all those fun things you don’t get time to do otherwise. It is your life so make of it what you would like, not « what the right thing is », because the « right thing » is doing what you enjoy and need. Good luck on your journey.
Relax and either put your feet in a foot bath or even taking a warm bath 🛁 with Epsom salt or taking a warm shower 🚿 and put your feet up and take a nap 😴.
I like to use downtime during the workday to take a walk outside. It’s really relaxing and grouding. Plus it helps you get your steps in!
Spend some time meditating to give yourself a mental break to get your thoughts away from work. Visualize your success for 10 minutes then come back stronger than ever.
- I don’t always have time to get into the gym. What else can I do at home that’s still effective, but without buying any equipment?
- How do you prioitize to choose which task to complete for your deep work session?
- What helps you concentrate and not get distracted during deep work?
- When doing deep work, sometimes the mind doesn’t want to leave that work. What are good transition methods to go about returning to and leaving deep work?
- What do you do in regards to your deep work habit on days you want to set aside for vacation?
- Sometimes I can’t complete the deep work task as my activities change during the day, what is your approach to getting it done when this happens?
- How do you bring yourself back when you lose focus?
- How long should I do Deep Work?
- Do we need to write all the distractions or the major ones during the session? How do we prevent the same distractions from coming back?
- I hate meditating… I can’t find any motivation or how to change things up! Any advice?