I try to spend my break time during work, doing a small type of meditation. So that I can recharge. It could be just observing something, not really thinking about anything or processing the sounds around me. Just trying to live in present moment.
- How do you celebrate without food? Enjoying sweets or snacks makes me fat.
- How do you remember to keep stretching? I stretch in the morning but get so busy I forget to do it later, so how should I do it?? Thanks in advance ❤️
- Do you prefer using a guided meditation?
- Do you still write out your to-do list every single day though the things you need to do are the same for the following days?
- I really need some all-natural, high-protein and low-sugar smoothie ideas for on-the-go days. I love fruit but not veggies, though I know I need both. Any ideas on tasting only the fruit? Crohns’ friendly ideas only, please! Thank you!
Take a walk, don't smoke, drink water, combine it maybe with buying some healthier food options in a grocery store rather than probably unhealthy/too big canteen options. I feel to big lunch will get you tired and not 100% focus in the afternoon
Doing whichever suits you best I guess. If you are a « people person » enjoy sharing your break with colleagues and friends. If you are more of an introvert, use the time to read, meditate, do sport and all those fun things you don’t get time to do otherwise. It is your life so make of it what you would like, not « what the right thing is », because the « right thing » is doing what you enjoy and need. Good luck on your journey.
Relax and either put your feet in a foot bath or even taking a warm bath 🛁 with Epsom salt or taking a warm shower 🚿 and put your feet up and take a nap 😴.
I like to use downtime during the workday to take a walk outside. It’s really relaxing and grouding. Plus it helps you get your steps in!
Spend some time meditating to give yourself a mental break to get your thoughts away from work. Visualize your success for 10 minutes then come back stronger than ever.
- What kinds of things do you consider to be deep work?
- Any hint to actually do the most important big tasks, during the deep work session, instead of smaller, also necessary but less critical tasks?
- I am building a program for my current workplace, and the tasks and categories are unclear. How do I set up a work schedule for myself to get some flow, instead of being choppy and distracted?
- What’s the difference between Deep Work and Block Distractions? They sound the same.
- How do you best keep yourself on track during a deep work session?
- How do you stay on track with exercise on the weekends when you want to sleep in?
- What you do when you catch yourself getting distracted?
- I have this problem of switching tasks when I have a lot of them. Say for example I start working on task 1 using deep work and I complete it. That’s when it’s so difficult for me to switch or take up a new task. I can handle task 2 when task 1 is still in progress, but when it gets completed, my mind and body goes to relaxation state automatically and I start to procrastinate. How can I stop myself from doing this?
- When the alarm goes off to finish the session, I immediately become distracted again. I start diving into all new stimuli I missed out on while in deep work (like new emails, etc.). How do I keep my focus when I don’t have an app timing me?
- Do you think it’s important to perform each step of a ritual in the order and within the time limits you have laid out for it?