Try a preparation routine. Marie Kondo talks about the fact that she can’t focus on work if her space is not clutter free because her mind automatically wanders to all of the clutter that is visually present.
Try clearing your space completely and then prepare a list of tasks. Go through the list and apply the Warren Buffet technique of circling your top 5 priorities.
Next download the Pomodoro App. It’s a time focus app that times your focus and rest time. It’s easier for me to tell myself that I will check my phone in 25 minutes than to completely shut that behavior down.
A lot of this is about self discovery. Can you focus with music? Or do you need silence? Do you focus better in the morning or the afternoon? Take advantage of what work for you.
I hope this helps!
1- wearing headphones. Even if you dont listen to anything, just wearing it helps. Because your mind expects some sweet emotion which was previously associated with listening songs with focus. So it helps as a queue for your mind that it's the time to focus
2- Double Coffee. Black one which lets me sit up focused for hours
3- Forcing ourselves to sit in the same place looking at same computer screen/book for small chunk of time. Like 30 mins. Even if you dont read or work the whole 30mins, it will give you a good start. Thanks for asking
- Does the distraction list help?
- How long should your deep work be?
- How do you say no politely
- How much time do they spend deep in work?
- What online resources do you recommend studying?
- How do stay focused while working, with out opening other tabs or your mind wandering?
- How do you stay focused for 4 hours?
- What is your favorite way to study?
- How can I focus on these days when I have absolutely no motivation to do anything and I feel tired?
- What is the best way to study for a big exam?