Try a preparation routine. Marie Kondo talks about the fact that she can’t focus on work if her space is not clutter free because her mind automatically wanders to all of the clutter that is visually present.
Try clearing your space completely and then prepare a list of tasks. Go through the list and apply the Warren Buffet technique of circling your top 5 priorities.
Next download the Pomodoro App. It’s a time focus app that times your focus and rest time. It’s easier for me to tell myself that I will check my phone in 25 minutes than to completely shut that behavior down.
A lot of this is about self discovery. Can you focus with music? Or do you need silence? Do you focus better in the morning or the afternoon? Take advantage of what work for you.
I hope this helps!
1- wearing headphones. Even if you dont listen to anything, just wearing it helps. Because your mind expects some sweet emotion which was previously associated with listening songs with focus. So it helps as a queue for your mind that it's the time to focus
2- Double Coffee. Black one which lets me sit up focused for hours
3- Forcing ourselves to sit in the same place looking at same computer screen/book for small chunk of time. Like 30 mins. Even if you dont read or work the whole 30mins, it will give you a good start. Thanks for asking
- How to focus and not get distracted
- I sometimes feel guilt when I do not do something creative or productive. Is it ok to just lay in bed some days?
- What kind of stuff do you work on? Sometimes I dont know what to do!
- How do I stay motivated with all that is going on right now?
- How do you get ready to start work ?
- How to mansge time? I find hard to stick to the time to finish a task. Almost like it gives me stress
- What should you do if you are distracted frequently?
- For me, it is hard to find the perfect place for my deep work session. I’m easily distracted by sounds in my surrounding, but there’s isn’t really a place in my house where I can sit alone. Especially now during the Corona crisis… What should I try?
- How do you stay consistent with your routine and productivity level every single day?
- How do you get back on track if you start off distracted early in your work period. Some days I work really well, but I want some ideas on how to reset and self correct on days that aren’t going well.