- What is the best way to clear your mind every morning and start a productive day?
- Do you find it easy to interweave your rituals in to the rest of your everyday family life?
- I often get stressed in the morning to get to work but I won’t exercise if I don’t do it before work. Any suggestions to get to the gym faster?
- How do you cope with working in an open concept work environment with lots of distractions and interruptions? I find myself setting one most important task and being interrupted for the entire day and the task doesn’t get done.
- What you do when you catch yourself getting distracted?
Try a preparation routine. Marie Kondo talks about the fact that she can’t focus on work if her space is not clutter free because her mind automatically wanders to all of the clutter that is visually present.
Try clearing your space completely and then prepare a list of tasks. Go through the list and apply the Warren Buffet technique of circling your top 5 priorities.
Next download the Pomodoro App. It’s a time focus app that times your focus and rest time. It’s easier for me to tell myself that I will check my phone in 25 minutes than to completely shut that behavior down.
A lot of this is about self discovery. Can you focus with music? Or do you need silence? Do you focus better in the morning or the afternoon? Take advantage of what work for you.
I hope this helps!
1- wearing headphones. Even if you dont listen to anything, just wearing it helps. Because your mind expects some sweet emotion which was previously associated with listening songs with focus. So it helps as a queue for your mind that it's the time to focus
2- Double Coffee. Black one which lets me sit up focused for hours
3- Forcing ourselves to sit in the same place looking at same computer screen/book for small chunk of time. Like 30 mins. Even if you dont read or work the whole 30mins, it will give you a good start. Thanks for asking
- What do you do to avoid distractions?
- Is it optimal to break up deep work periods? I understood that people don’t tend to work optimally after about a 45-minute period?
- How you can do deep work?
- What’s the best way to balance food, activities and workouts?
- How do you learn to trust yourself and trust others?
- How do I wake up early in the morning every day?
- I would like to know if you have a boss and he is really in a bad mood, how do you handle this?
- Whenever I take a break, I lose track of what my plan was and I get totally lost in shallow activities. How can I deal with this?
- What advantage do you get from deep work?
- How do you find the best time of day to do deep work?