Focus for shorter times. Rewards like reading or watching your favorites. Take the evening of, just relaxing. Which you sometimes don't allow yourself when working for yourself
Sticking to a program or plan. If I have a general idea of exactly what I should be doing, it's easier to focus. But that works for me because I am goal-oriented. I suggest you figure out what kind of person you are cognitively and behaviorly, then you can look into what typically works best for your very special and unique brain!!
The best focus technique I have found which works for me is either a meditation, or a stepping away from whatever I’m doing to just think and reorganize my thoughts to the task at hand. 5 minutes away (short walk, or bathroom break) can go a really long way helping me to focus
- What kinds of tasks do you consider deep work? And how long do you dedicate to them?
- Do you play music while doing deep work?
- How do you re-focus on your deep work when you realize you have become distracted?
- What are the bigger distractions for you: interior ones like your thoughts or feelings, or exterior, like noises, other people, etc? Which are more challenging for you?
- How can you be less stressed while doing homework?
- Do you set a time limit for deep work or do you just go with the flow?
- How do you work from home?
- How can I have a better focus for deep work?
- How do I stay more consistent with my deep work or any other habit?
- What makes you work for the whole day? (Over eight hours constantly in the deep mindset)