I turn my phone on do not disturb and play some music in the background, usually instrumental. I also have an organized area set up for such focused workm
I listen often soft music or lo-fi beat. I have minimum objects on my desk and always have water and tea by my side. When I feel that something distracted me, I use breathe meditations to pay attention to my work again.
I use boundaries that prevent me from falling into easy traps. For example — I use app on my phone that locks me out for a certain period of time.
I put my phone on silent and put it somewhere I can’t see it. I also don’t wear my Apple Watch when I don’t want to be distracted.
- How long should your deep work be?
- How do you say no politely
- How much time do they spend deep in work?
- What online resources do you recommend studying?
- How do stay focused while working, with out opening other tabs or your mind wandering?
- How do you stay focused for 4 hours?
- What is your favorite way to study?
- How can I focus on these days when I have absolutely no motivation to do anything and I feel tired?
- What is the best way to study for a big exam?
- Typing or writing? Which one do you like best?