I turn my phone on do not disturb and play some music in the background, usually instrumental. I also have an organized area set up for such focused workm
I listen often soft music or lo-fi beat. I have minimum objects on my desk and always have water and tea by my side. When I feel that something distracted me, I use breathe meditations to pay attention to my work again.
I use boundaries that prevent me from falling into easy traps. For example — I use app on my phone that locks me out for a certain period of time.
I put my phone on silent and put it somewhere I can’t see it. I also don’t wear my Apple Watch when I don’t want to be distracted.
- How do you do your best work?
- How long should I do deep work?
- How do you commit to something you really don’t want to do? Example: An essay 😂
- How many times a day should I have Deep Work.
- What do you consider deep work.
- Should you take a short break every 20-30mins of deep work?
- How to build focus for such a short time even. I get distracted after every 7 minutes?
- How do you decide what is work you should be thinking of when thinking of deep work?
- What do you do when it’s time to work but yr really not in the mood.
- How do you keep your focus on a task that’s necessary but boring?