I turn my phone on do not disturb and play some music in the background, usually instrumental. I also have an organized area set up for such focused workm
I listen often soft music or lo-fi beat. I have minimum objects on my desk and always have water and tea by my side. When I feel that something distracted me, I use breathe meditations to pay attention to my work again.
I use boundaries that prevent me from falling into easy traps. For example — I use app on my phone that locks me out for a certain period of time.
I put my phone on silent and put it somewhere I can’t see it. I also don’t wear my Apple Watch when I don’t want to be distracted.
- Do you find yourself procrastinating when you need to start a project? If so how do you get out of that mindset?
- How do you make sure you’re not interrupted during deep work?
- Is there anything you have found that keeps you focused? How do you keep that going when you get distracted?
- How long should your breaks be?
- If I don’t like coffee or tea, what can I drink to help keep me focused? ( keep in mind that I’m really serious about keeping my body healthy)
- What strategies can I do to work more consistently at certain times everyday?
- What kind of tasks do you dedicate for your Deep Work habit ?
- What’s the duration you’ve outlined for deep work?
- How to avoid procrastination?
- What kind of deep work you do