As a writer, I'm always working on client assignments. However, I also like to set aside a little time everyday to learn a new skill or improve on an existing one through Massive Open Online Courses (MOOCs ) like Coursers or tutorials on Youtube
- What does deep work mean to you? Do you write, sit quietly and let your mind wander? I’m a creative type so I wonder what others consider deep work.
- What is the time slot during which you practice deep work?
- Music or no music? 🙂
- How long do you aim to retain focus for your deep work?
- How hard is deep work for you?
I spend that time working on the stuff I really dont want to do. It's in my morning routine so I'm not too burnt out to work on it, and I start my day getting the tough things out of the way… most of the time its paperwork or making phone calls that I've been putting off for whatever reason.
- What do you do to avoid distractions?
- Is it optimal to break up deep work periods? I understood that people don’t tend to work optimally after about a 45-minute period?
- How you can do deep work?
- What’s the best way to balance food, activities and workouts?
- How do you learn to trust yourself and trust others?
- How do I wake up early in the morning every day?
- I would like to know if you have a boss and he is really in a bad mood, how do you handle this?
- Whenever I take a break, I lose track of what my plan was and I get totally lost in shallow activities. How can I deal with this?
- What advantage do you get from deep work?
- How do you find the best time of day to do deep work?