I close my email do that I don't get notifications. I turn my phone on silent.when I first started deep work I would have a notepad nearby where I could write down anything that distracted me so I wouldn't forget, but could look into it later after the deep work session. Now most of the time I don't even notice when the deep work session ends and do focused work for longer periods of time.
- How do you stay focused on deep work?
- How do you feel once you have completed a truly hard deep work session?! 🤩
- Do you find music helps or hinders?
- I can often get lost for hours in deep work forgetting to take breaks or to stop to eat then end up going to bed very late. I do not want to stop when I get started. What suggestions and advice do you have?
- How do you start working when you are so lazy and used to procrastinating?
Checking emails is a choice. You have to choose wisely. Make it a point to only check three times a day if you are at work.
For me it's easy as I just don't like emails or phone calls or any messages interrupting my work. So I have my phone muted and all communicators silenced as well. I check them every two pomodoros.
- Do you have problem with short attention span? Do you find it difficult to concentrate?
- Why is Deep Work recommended in the afternoon?
- What do you do when you encounter sudden distractions that fatigue you?
- What do you mean by deep work habit?
- How do you choose what to work on? I find myself straying away from tasks I am afraid I will fail at, and sometimes even trick myself into taking on less important tasks, instead.
- What exactly is deep work?
- Do you find it more beneficial to deeply focus on tasks at hand or spend time on an ongoing project when you are fully focused for a dedicated time span?
- How do you block out distractions?
- What process do you go through when working on the Deep Work habit? Also, would someone expound on the Morning Pages habit? I’m not sure that I am doing it correctly!
- How do you keep up with Fabulous?