I close my email do that I don't get notifications. I turn my phone on silent.when I first started deep work I would have a notepad nearby where I could write down anything that distracted me so I wouldn't forget, but could look into it later after the deep work session. Now most of the time I don't even notice when the deep work session ends and do focused work for longer periods of time.
Checking emails is a choice. You have to choose wisely. Make it a point to only check three times a day if you are at work.
For me it's easy as I just don't like emails or phone calls or any messages interrupting my work. So I have my phone muted and all communicators silenced as well. I check them every two pomodoros.
- How to focus and not get distracted
- I sometimes feel guilt when I do not do something creative or productive. Is it ok to just lay in bed some days?
- What kind of stuff do you work on? Sometimes I dont know what to do!
- How do I stay motivated with all that is going on right now?
- How do you get ready to start work ?
- How to mansge time? I find hard to stick to the time to finish a task. Almost like it gives me stress
- What should you do if you are distracted frequently?
- For me, it is hard to find the perfect place for my deep work session. I’m easily distracted by sounds in my surrounding, but there’s isn’t really a place in my house where I can sit alone. Especially now during the Corona crisis… What should I try?
- How do you stay consistent with your routine and productivity level every single day?
- How do you get back on track if you start off distracted early in your work period. Some days I work really well, but I want some ideas on how to reset and self correct on days that aren’t going well.