I close my email do that I don't get notifications. I turn my phone on silent.when I first started deep work I would have a notepad nearby where I could write down anything that distracted me so I wouldn't forget, but could look into it later after the deep work session. Now most of the time I don't even notice when the deep work session ends and do focused work for longer periods of time.
Checking emails is a choice. You have to choose wisely. Make it a point to only check three times a day if you are at work.
For me it's easy as I just don't like emails or phone calls or any messages interrupting my work. So I have my phone muted and all communicators silenced as well. I check them every two pomodoros.
- Have you tried using a 20-30 minute hourglass?
- How can I focus on my studies longer 📚
- How do you organise or plan you work?
- How many times of deep work can done in one day?
- Does the distraction list help?
- How long should your deep work be?
- How do you say no politely
- How much time do they spend deep in work?
- What online resources do you recommend studying?
- How do stay focused while working, with out opening other tabs or your mind wandering?