I put them on a list and give them a deadline.it help to have something I can see and there is something satisfying about checking things off a list.
Mostly they go into my to-do list app and wait. I create my own sense of urgency for some things that I recognize as doable in my present circumstances and that I feel will resolve some tension in my life. But there are other things riding the to do list in hopes of kids getting old enough, and lower maintenance enough to be a productive human being again.
To organise my day to prioritise both time-based and ongoing tasks, I use two labelling systems. I mark my 3 most important tasks of the day in order. I can't do the second item until I've done the 1st. I also use the END system, marking each item either as energizing, neutral, or draining, and trying to ensure that my tasks are balanced. I.e. Not to fill the day with all draining tasks. For example, today among my other tasks was laundry, this was my C task and is rated N-neutral. My A and B tasks were time sensitive, the former was E-energizing and the latter was D-draining. There are other tasks in my day, and while I do mark if they are E, N, or D, I do not prioritise them, as not to get overwhelmed.
Firstly I collect all the material to study. Secondly I break the amount of information in tasks according with how many days I have to study. Finally I establis on my agenda what time and days to study. I usually follow my program strictly
I’m probably not the right person to ask this question! I struggle to get started on tasks unless they are of interest or have a deadline. It depends if it’s important to me or someone else..if I care about the other person that might be enough to motivate me otherwise my usual plan of action would be to break it down into manageable chunks and do a little at a time
- How to focus and not get distracted
- I sometimes feel guilt when I do not do something creative or productive. Is it ok to just lay in bed some days?
- What kind of stuff do you work on? Sometimes I dont know what to do!
- How do I stay motivated with all that is going on right now?
- How do you get ready to start work ?
- How to mansge time? I find hard to stick to the time to finish a task. Almost like it gives me stress
- What should you do if you are distracted frequently?
- For me, it is hard to find the perfect place for my deep work session. I’m easily distracted by sounds in my surrounding, but there’s isn’t really a place in my house where I can sit alone. Especially now during the Corona crisis… What should I try?
- How do you stay consistent with your routine and productivity level every single day?
- How do you get back on track if you start off distracted early in your work period. Some days I work really well, but I want some ideas on how to reset and self correct on days that aren’t going well.