To me, deep work is just doing what you have to do, whether it's your personal task list or your job. Just getting your head down and not being distracted.
- What is a good alternative to the 30/30 app? That was so good at visually helping to see the total time all tasks in a day would take and indicating what time your list would end?
- How do you make time to do deep work? I find myself caught up in the run of the mill daily grind and it sucks lol….🤦🏻♀️🙇🏻♀️🤭
- Could you give me some tips to stay focused on deep work?
- How do you get motivated to do something you have to do but dread doing??
- How do you stay focused on a task for a long period of time when you don’t like what your doing/studying?
For me deep work means to focus ONLY on the most unpleasant task I have in list: it could be a ripetitive activity, or to do a boring call, or to deal with a coworker who doesn’t want to collaborate
Deep work is about focus for me. Generally, it's when I block out distractions at work and get my most important task of the day done. Same in my personal life, I get away to a cafe without the distractions of home and dig into my current project for a few hours. I always feel my best when I accomplish this kind of deep work. I feel successful.
I decide daily what deep work means to me that day. Sometimes it's accomplishing proactively at work (for example, putting together a presentation, setting an agenda for important meeting, checking status updates), or sometimes my deep work is spending time on a personal hobby (calligraphy, practicing art).
- Is being sincere any way wrong. Is working hard wrong. Should we be careless. Should we do work perfectly or imperfectly? Should we take responsibility or not? Because people who take responsibility are sincere and hardworking but people who are careless, poor, irresponsible are environment friendly. Am I right or not?
- Once I have finished a deep work session of any length, I take a short break. However, I struggle to get back into that deep work state afterwards. Any tips for re-engaging with work after a break?
- How do you commit to your habit and able to do a deep work, without pause?
- What helps you prepare for a deep work session? Things that help you look forward to doing this daily?
- Do you stop deep work when time is up or keep going as long as your in the flow?
- How do you ensure high quality work?
- What does deep work mean for you?
- What do you do to ensure that you stay focused?
- Should I increase my focus time past 25 mins or just keep blocking it out while taking 5 min breaks in between?
- Which tasks do you choose to work on when you’re completing the deep work exercise?