To me, deep work is just doing what you have to do, whether it's your personal task list or your job. Just getting your head down and not being distracted.
- Does anyone have some go-to, quick, healthy recipes that are also tasty? I’m getting a bit bored with my current breakfast meals
- How do you stay motivated?
- What is the most nutritious breakfast you can make and consume in less than 10 minutes that does not require cooking?
- What time do you usually do the Deep Work habit?
- What are your study techniques? How do you study good or well enough for a test, exam etc.
For me deep work means to focus ONLY on the most unpleasant task I have in list: it could be a ripetitive activity, or to do a boring call, or to deal with a coworker who doesn’t want to collaborate
Deep work is about focus for me. Generally, it's when I block out distractions at work and get my most important task of the day done. Same in my personal life, I get away to a cafe without the distractions of home and dig into my current project for a few hours. I always feel my best when I accomplish this kind of deep work. I feel successful.
I decide daily what deep work means to me that day. Sometimes it's accomplishing proactively at work (for example, putting together a presentation, setting an agenda for important meeting, checking status updates), or sometimes my deep work is spending time on a personal hobby (calligraphy, practicing art).
- How do I keep feeling motivated for achievements?
- What do you listen to during deep work?
- How long do you do Deep Work? I’ve kept mine at 25 minutes but is there more benefit to focusing for longer periods at a time?
- Has anybody actually switched to a typewriter or writing by hand just to avoid the distractions of the Internet?
- How do you deal with procrastination?
- For musicians and artists: How do you balance work on your artistic practice with all the business stuff that goes with it?
- I struggle to get deep work done as I keep getting interrupted. This is the nature of my job so I can’t change the interruptions, any suggestions on how to do deep work with interruptions? Thanks.
- How do you deal with tiredness at work? Of course the obvious answer is to get more sleep but at that moment in time, you’re already at work, so what do you do?
- What sort of work do you do for deep work?
- How do you accomplish deep work when you don’t have control over your schedule?