To me, deep work is just doing what you have to do, whether it's your personal task list or your job. Just getting your head down and not being distracted.
- I was just wondering which stretches should I be doing?
- Is water flossing just as beneficial as normal flossing?
- Where can I find a regimen for core, lower back, and hips?
- How do you ensure you’ll hungry in the morning?
- Is it okay to eat oatmeal everyday? Sometimes I whip egg whites in, sometimes I add yogurt, sometimes peabutbutter and blueberries and I even make it the night before. What do you think?
For me deep work means to focus ONLY on the most unpleasant task I have in list: it could be a ripetitive activity, or to do a boring call, or to deal with a coworker who doesn’t want to collaborate
Deep work is about focus for me. Generally, it's when I block out distractions at work and get my most important task of the day done. Same in my personal life, I get away to a cafe without the distractions of home and dig into my current project for a few hours. I always feel my best when I accomplish this kind of deep work. I feel successful.
I decide daily what deep work means to me that day. Sometimes it's accomplishing proactively at work (for example, putting together a presentation, setting an agenda for important meeting, checking status updates), or sometimes my deep work is spending time on a personal hobby (calligraphy, practicing art).
- What kinds of things do you consider to be deep work?
- Any hint to actually do the most important big tasks, during the deep work session, instead of smaller, also necessary but less critical tasks?
- I am building a program for my current workplace, and the tasks and categories are unclear. How do I set up a work schedule for myself to get some flow, instead of being choppy and distracted?
- What’s the difference between Deep Work and Block Distractions? They sound the same.
- How do you best keep yourself on track during a deep work session?
- How do you stay on track with exercise on the weekends when you want to sleep in?
- What you do when you catch yourself getting distracted?
- I have this problem of switching tasks when I have a lot of them. Say for example I start working on task 1 using deep work and I complete it. That’s when it’s so difficult for me to switch or take up a new task. I can handle task 2 when task 1 is still in progress, but when it gets completed, my mind and body goes to relaxation state automatically and I start to procrastinate. How can I stop myself from doing this?
- When the alarm goes off to finish the session, I immediately become distracted again. I start diving into all new stimuli I missed out on while in deep work (like new emails, etc.). How do I keep my focus when I don’t have an app timing me?
- Do you think it’s important to perform each step of a ritual in the order and within the time limits you have laid out for it?