Blocking out distractions may be tough, but there is a way to do it. And it may be a little different for everyone. If you live in a loud or busy home, find a quiet place or request for silence for an amount of time. If this is not possible, call a sitter or someone trustworthy and go out. If you are at home, turn off your notifications and make sure your screen is facing down. Begin to meditate, breathing in and out and relaxing to clear your mind. If you are going out, I would suggest yoga or going out with a friend to block any tension or stress.
I shut my computer down and put my phone away, or switch it off as well. I close the door too, and let other family members know that I shouldn’t be disturbed.
- How do you do your best work?
- How long should I do deep work?
- How do you commit to something you really don’t want to do? Example: An essay 😂
- How many times a day should I have Deep Work.
- What do you consider deep work.
- Should you take a short break every 20-30mins of deep work?
- How to build focus for such a short time even. I get distracted after every 7 minutes?
- How do you decide what is work you should be thinking of when thinking of deep work?
- What do you do when it’s time to work but yr really not in the mood.
- How do you keep your focus on a task that’s necessary but boring?