Blocking out distractions may be tough, but there is a way to do it. And it may be a little different for everyone. If you live in a loud or busy home, find a quiet place or request for silence for an amount of time. If this is not possible, call a sitter or someone trustworthy and go out. If you are at home, turn off your notifications and make sure your screen is facing down. Begin to meditate, breathing in and out and relaxing to clear your mind. If you are going out, I would suggest yoga or going out with a friend to block any tension or stress.
I shut my computer down and put my phone away, or switch it off as well. I close the door too, and let other family members know that I shouldn’t be disturbed.
- How long should your deep work be?
- How do you say no politely
- How much time do they spend deep in work?
- What online resources do you recommend studying?
- How do stay focused while working, with out opening other tabs or your mind wandering?
- How do you stay focused for 4 hours?
- What is your favorite way to study?
- How can I focus on these days when I have absolutely no motivation to do anything and I feel tired?
- What is the best way to study for a big exam?
- Typing or writing? Which one do you like best?