Blocking out distractions may be tough, but there is a way to do it. And it may be a little different for everyone. If you live in a loud or busy home, find a quiet place or request for silence for an amount of time. If this is not possible, call a sitter or someone trustworthy and go out. If you are at home, turn off your notifications and make sure your screen is facing down. Begin to meditate, breathing in and out and relaxing to clear your mind. If you are going out, I would suggest yoga or going out with a friend to block any tension or stress.
- I prefer longer deep work sessions because I have read Cal Newport’s book Deep Work” . How do you customize the time and length of the deep work sessions?
- Do you adjust your deep work sessions according to the task or do you simply work in regular intervals?
- How do you stay motivated to do deep work when you feel inspired to do something else, or are not sure your deep work session will be productive?
- Do you stop deep work when time is up or keep going as long as you’re in the flow?
- How do you increase your self-discipline and not check emails as frequently during deep work?
I shut my computer down and put my phone away, or switch it off as well. I close the door too, and let other family members know that I shouldn’t be disturbed.
- Is being sincere any way wrong. Is working hard wrong. Should we be careless. Should we do work perfectly or imperfectly? Should we take responsibility or not? Because people who take responsibility are sincere and hardworking but people who are careless, poor, irresponsible are environment friendly. Am I right or not?
- Once I have finished a deep work session of any length, I take a short break. However, I struggle to get back into that deep work state afterwards. Any tips for re-engaging with work after a break?
- How do you commit to your habit and able to do a deep work, without pause?
- What helps you prepare for a deep work session? Things that help you look forward to doing this daily?
- Do you stop deep work when time is up or keep going as long as your in the flow?
- How do you ensure high quality work?
- What does deep work mean for you?
- What do you do to ensure that you stay focused?
- Should I increase my focus time past 25 mins or just keep blocking it out while taking 5 min breaks in between?
- Which tasks do you choose to work on when you’re completing the deep work exercise?