Blocking out distractions may be tough, but there is a way to do it. And it may be a little different for everyone. If you live in a loud or busy home, find a quiet place or request for silence for an amount of time. If this is not possible, call a sitter or someone trustworthy and go out. If you are at home, turn off your notifications and make sure your screen is facing down. Begin to meditate, breathing in and out and relaxing to clear your mind. If you are going out, I would suggest yoga or going out with a friend to block any tension or stress.
- How do you prioitize to choose which task to complete for your deep work session?
- What do you do on days you are having a harder time focusing on a task?
- What do you do in regards to your deep work habit on days you want to set aside for vacation?
- What is that you do to keep being focused?
- How do you prevent other stuff from taking over your deep work time?
I shut my computer down and put my phone away, or switch it off as well. I close the door too, and let other family members know that I shouldn’t be disturbed.
- What do you do to avoid distractions?
- Is it optimal to break up deep work periods? I understood that people don’t tend to work optimally after about a 45-minute period?
- How you can do deep work?
- What’s the best way to balance food, activities and workouts?
- How do you learn to trust yourself and trust others?
- How do I wake up early in the morning every day?
- I would like to know if you have a boss and he is really in a bad mood, how do you handle this?
- Whenever I take a break, I lose track of what my plan was and I get totally lost in shallow activities. How can I deal with this?
- What advantage do you get from deep work?
- How do you find the best time of day to do deep work?