Blocking out distractions may be tough, but there is a way to do it. And it may be a little different for everyone. If you live in a loud or busy home, find a quiet place or request for silence for an amount of time. If this is not possible, call a sitter or someone trustworthy and go out. If you are at home, turn off your notifications and make sure your screen is facing down. Begin to meditate, breathing in and out and relaxing to clear your mind. If you are going out, I would suggest yoga or going out with a friend to block any tension or stress.
I shut my computer down and put my phone away, or switch it off as well. I close the door too, and let other family members know that I shouldn’t be disturbed.
- How to get motivation for the deep work habit?
- I need some focus and motivational quotes to help me get going.
- What’s a good time to do deep work. Morning, afternoon or evening?
- How to stop procrastinating?
- What do you do when you can’t focus?
- What do you consider as deep work?
- How do you increase the amount of deep work you do without getting distracted?
- What’s your idea of deep work? Does it need to be at a desk or can it be a sport ir house chore?
- How to I get motivated to work when I can easily just not do anything ?
- What do you for your Deep Work Habit if you are retired or otherwise don’t work outside the home?