I also had that problem. I solve it by having a time to start and finish each task. And know that if I fail them, I will start my day late, or actually be late to something. And everytime I get distracted, I try to find ways to block them next time. For example, not responding to any text or chats until I have done my routine.
- For musicians and artists: How do you balance work on your artistic practice with all the business stuff that goes with it?
- I have questions about other things that I am doing. Sometimes I’m unable to do the things that I should at the right time. And when I’m unable to do it, I do it at the wrong time. Like, instead of sleeping, I do the work that I didn’t complete during the afternoon period. How am I supposed to complete the task at the right time?
- How do you prioritize what deep work to do?
- Is it really possible to work for 2 or 4 hours without a break? Do you prefer pomodoro-style work, with short breaks?
- What kind of environment do you prefer to work in? A noisy one? Quiet?
I just tell myself it's good for me. My sister would tell me things like 'do you first'. 'Persist'. 'Get it done then you can do whatever'. She's someone I admire and look up to for good energy. So I'm really only following in her footsteps.
In don’t know . Maybe start a routine & and being time conscious . If I have distraction. Maybe what I’ll do – is later on this time . We can talk about it more. Right now – I’m finishing thing . Or maybe say. I only hav 2 or 5 min I have complete a task – something like that maybe .
I set myself a timer (e.g. 45mins) & disconnect my phone/place it on silent. Usually I also have Screen Time limits on too.
I get distracted. What I do next is shrug my shoulders and carry on. Even though, for me, I personally haven't opened this app in a few days, I still somewhat followed my routines. The best way to complete a routine is to fill it with tasks you will likely already complete without much effort, and then add 1 thing to it that is different. Follow it for a reasonable time, and then keep adding from there. Distractions will then not be viewed as a nuisance or with anxiety, but as a opportunity for growth and learning.
Sometimes when I am not feeling well or feeling low I feel like quiting but I maintain the streaks and take up 30day challenge streak when leanring something new or reading a book or even doing daily push-ups… What ever may happen I can't break the streak. Keeping the streak helps me
Breaking the chores up into different days and different times of the day. The weekends are off limits so I can rest and regroup
To be honest it does need to work hard for it,but the thing is that you need to love what you do. So basically I make it a goal, think of it always, and also think of the result,but mostly important is that I don’t do this when I need to concentrate, but only when I feel down and get bored of the goal.
- What do you do to avoid distractions?
- Is it optimal to break up deep work periods? I understood that people don’t tend to work optimally after about a 45-minute period?
- How you can do deep work?
- What’s the best way to balance food, activities and workouts?
- How do you learn to trust yourself and trust others?
- How do I wake up early in the morning every day?
- I would like to know if you have a boss and he is really in a bad mood, how do you handle this?
- Whenever I take a break, I lose track of what my plan was and I get totally lost in shallow activities. How can I deal with this?
- What advantage do you get from deep work?
- How do you find the best time of day to do deep work?