I also had that problem. I solve it by having a time to start and finish each task. And know that if I fail them, I will start my day late, or actually be late to something. And everytime I get distracted, I try to find ways to block them next time. For example, not responding to any text or chats until I have done my routine.
- How do you start your most procastrinated tasks?
- I feel so tired between 2-5pm. How do I stay on task and motivated during these times?
- How do you manage your inbox to keep focused on deep work, but make sure you don’t miss important items?
- I can’t discipline myself and follow my routine so keep falling behind in my studying. How do I overcome this??
- What process do you go through when working on the Deep Work habit? Also, would someone expound on the Morning Pages habit? I’m not sure that I am doing it correctly!
I just tell myself it's good for me. My sister would tell me things like 'do you first'. 'Persist'. 'Get it done then you can do whatever'. She's someone I admire and look up to for good energy. So I'm really only following in her footsteps.
In don’t know . Maybe start a routine & and being time conscious . If I have distraction. Maybe what I’ll do – is later on this time . We can talk about it more. Right now – I’m finishing thing . Or maybe say. I only hav 2 or 5 min I have complete a task – something like that maybe .
I set myself a timer (e.g. 45mins) & disconnect my phone/place it on silent. Usually I also have Screen Time limits on too.
I get distracted. What I do next is shrug my shoulders and carry on. Even though, for me, I personally haven't opened this app in a few days, I still somewhat followed my routines. The best way to complete a routine is to fill it with tasks you will likely already complete without much effort, and then add 1 thing to it that is different. Follow it for a reasonable time, and then keep adding from there. Distractions will then not be viewed as a nuisance or with anxiety, but as a opportunity for growth and learning.
Sometimes when I am not feeling well or feeling low I feel like quiting but I maintain the streaks and take up 30day challenge streak when leanring something new or reading a book or even doing daily push-ups… What ever may happen I can't break the streak. Keeping the streak helps me
Breaking the chores up into different days and different times of the day. The weekends are off limits so I can rest and regroup
To be honest it does need to work hard for it,but the thing is that you need to love what you do. So basically I make it a goal, think of it always, and also think of the result,but mostly important is that I don’t do this when I need to concentrate, but only when I feel down and get bored of the goal.
- Do you stop deep work when time is up or keep going as long as your in the flow?
- How do you ensure high quality work?
- What does deep work mean for you?
- What do you do to ensure that you stay focused?
- Should I increase my focus time past 25 mins or just keep blocking it out while taking 5 min breaks in between?
- Which tasks do you choose to work on when you’re completing the deep work exercise?
- What habit do you have for deep learning?
- Do you always use the timer? Do you find you stick to this habit better if you do or don’t?
- What distractions do you find helpful to get rid of, besides other technology?
- What do you do for Deep Work habit?