I try to put on some music and eliminate as many other distractions as I can. Then I settle myself down and do something I enjoy, that I don't have to force myself to do each time, just occasionally. I get myself into a zone to the point of hyper-focused tunnel vision. Using one big thing like music, overpowers all the little things.
- How they can work without interrupt give me clue please
- How can I increase my productivity while studying?
- Can fun be considered deep work?
- How do you make time to do personal things during a busy and tiring work day?
- How do you sustain deep work when you have never been able to do so no matter how hard you try?
I'd find a place where I can be away from distracting noises. My favorite place is either the library or a café. Sometimes I'd put on my earphones and listen to classical piano, but I also find that not listening to music at all can also improve my focus. I also uninstall distracting apps such as Instagram, and put my phone on silent. I also bring a notebook to write in, which also helps me to focus.
I try and work on only one task at a time and not think about everything else I have to do. Once that task is crossed off my list, I move on to the next. This is how I stay focused and not get overwhelmed.
I use a strong morning routine that includes meditation, mission review, top three priorities setting, Spiritual Reading and reflecting, and setting my schedule. Mid day I use a brief routine and in the evening as well. I also place periods of 20 – 30 minutes of deep work in my day. Finally, when people interrupt my day with their needs – I stop and be with them and serve them. This approach works well for me
Know that what I am doing really needs doing. If it doesn't then I don't need to focus on it. Sometimes I start a few jobs and whichever one I get into the zone is the one I focus on for a long period of time/ til complete.
I set my favorite deep focus playlist and press play with my headphones. No smartphone at my see, no other complications.
- What do you do to avoid distractions?
- Is it optimal to break up deep work periods? I understood that people don’t tend to work optimally after about a 45-minute period?
- How you can do deep work?
- What’s the best way to balance food, activities and workouts?
- How do you learn to trust yourself and trust others?
- How do I wake up early in the morning every day?
- I would like to know if you have a boss and he is really in a bad mood, how do you handle this?
- Whenever I take a break, I lose track of what my plan was and I get totally lost in shallow activities. How can I deal with this?
- What advantage do you get from deep work?
- How do you find the best time of day to do deep work?