I personally always use “Deep Work” to do work I’m paid for: grading papers, which takes me a lot of time and concentration. Telling myself that I’m allowed to quit after 25 minutes is sometimes the only way I can motivate myself to get started—but then once I start, I always spend more than 25 minutes at it. So having Deep Work as part of my routine is helping me face one of my most unpleasant tasks.
- What kinds of tasks do you consider deep work? And how long do you dedicate to them?
- Do you play music while doing deep work?
- How do you re-focus on your deep work when you realize you have become distracted?
- What are the bigger distractions for you: interior ones like your thoughts or feelings, or exterior, like noises, other people, etc? Which are more challenging for you?
- How can you be less stressed while doing homework?
- Do you set a time limit for deep work or do you just go with the flow?
- How do you work from home?
- How can I have a better focus for deep work?
- How do I stay more consistent with my deep work or any other habit?
- What makes you work for the whole day? (Over eight hours constantly in the deep mindset)