Don’t want to go for a run? Recognize that feeling. Instead of dreading the entire experience of exertion, resolve to simply take the first step, which might be to change into your running gear. From there, always know that you can either choose to abort or continue to the next small step, and that either option is OK – no pressure. If you choose to continue, the next step might be to put a bottle of water in the fridge for when you get back, or plan your route. From there, you can choose to abort or continue to the next small step…, etc. Break the preparation into as many small tasks as you need. There are an infinite amount of them.
It’s not the preparation that you dread, it’s what you’re preparing for. If you focus on the present moment during a time of low willpower, you’ll notice that you’ll get prepared for what must be done. Once you’re prepared, the activation energy to perform the task you were dreading has been significantly reduced.
- What are your 3 most frequent interruptions during Deep Work?
- Do you stop deep work when time is up or keep going as long as your in the flow?
- How do you stay on track with exercise on the weekends when you want to sleep in?
- How do you maintain focus when you absolutely cannot disconnect from the internet because of the nature of your work?
- How do you apply the pomodoro technique to deep work?
- What do you do during your deep work session?
- How to you kick start of your work, especially when it’s boring
- What do you do for your deep work?
- How do you keep yourself focused with distractions
- What do you consider deep work on weekends or rest days?
- Any tips from users with ADHD?
- How are you disciplined about getting started? And how do you avoid distractions during the time? I’m in an open plan office so that’s is tricky.
- How to do deep work as you no time for that?
- Is it helpful to listen to classical music or other music while doing deep work?
- Is being sincere any way wrong. Is working hard wrong. Should we be careless. Should we do work perfectly or imperfectly? Should we take responsibility or not? Because people who take responsibility are sincere and hardworking but people who are careless, poor, irresponsible are environment friendly. Am I right or not?