Don’t want to go for a run? Recognize that feeling. Instead of dreading the entire experience of exertion, resolve to simply take the first step, which might be to change into your running gear. From there, always know that you can either choose to abort or continue to the next small step, and that either option is OK – no pressure. If you choose to continue, the next step might be to put a bottle of water in the fridge for when you get back, or plan your route. From there, you can choose to abort or continue to the next small step…, etc. Break the preparation into as many small tasks as you need. There are an infinite amount of them.
It’s not the preparation that you dread, it’s what you’re preparing for. If you focus on the present moment during a time of low willpower, you’ll notice that you’ll get prepared for what must be done. Once you’re prepared, the activation energy to perform the task you were dreading has been significantly reduced.
- How do you feel once you have completed a truly hard deep work session?! 🤩
- Do you consider your wandering thoughts a distraction?
- How do you best keep yourself on track during a deep work session?
- How do you find the motivation to do it every day? I manage fine during the week, but on the weekends I struggle.
- I face issues when switching between 2 jobs. How do you switch effectively? I waste or procrastinate during the switch.
- Do you have problem with short attention span? Do you find it difficult to concentrate?
- Why is Deep Work recommended in the afternoon?
- What do you do when you encounter sudden distractions that fatigue you?
- What do you mean by deep work habit?
- How do you choose what to work on? I find myself straying away from tasks I am afraid I will fail at, and sometimes even trick myself into taking on less important tasks, instead.
- What exactly is deep work?
- Do you find it more beneficial to deeply focus on tasks at hand or spend time on an ongoing project when you are fully focused for a dedicated time span?
- How do you block out distractions?
- What process do you go through when working on the Deep Work habit? Also, would someone expound on the Morning Pages habit? I’m not sure that I am doing it correctly!
- How do you keep up with Fabulous?