I read through emails quickly to weed out the unimportant ones (those I delete right away or send an answer back. If I reply it is no more than a couple words or sentence that is needed), if I come across an email that will take more time or thought I mark it as unread and come back to it. Once I have gone through the emails in the way I return to the ones marked unread and spend time working on those, often times I pair this with a to do list. Then work on completing the to do list based on the emails.
- What kinds of tasks do you consider deep work? And how long do you dedicate to them?
- Do you play music while doing deep work?
- How do you re-focus on your deep work when you realize you have become distracted?
- What are the bigger distractions for you: interior ones like your thoughts or feelings, or exterior, like noises, other people, etc? Which are more challenging for you?
- How can you be less stressed while doing homework?
- Do you set a time limit for deep work or do you just go with the flow?
- How do you work from home?
- How can I have a better focus for deep work?
- How do I stay more consistent with my deep work or any other habit?
- What makes you work for the whole day? (Over eight hours constantly in the deep mindset)