I read through emails quickly to weed out the unimportant ones (those I delete right away or send an answer back. If I reply it is no more than a couple words or sentence that is needed), if I come across an email that will take more time or thought I mark it as unread and come back to it. Once I have gone through the emails in the way I return to the ones marked unread and spend time working on those, often times I pair this with a to do list. Then work on completing the to do list based on the emails.
- How do you follow your routines without getting distracted?
- How much time do you dedicate to deep work each day? I find that just 30 mins is not enough to get it all done.
- What do you do during deep work if you don’t have traditional work to do?
- Do you consider your wandering thoughts a distraction?
- How do you recover from distractions and refocus?
- What do you do to avoid distractions?
- Is it optimal to break up deep work periods? I understood that people don’t tend to work optimally after about a 45-minute period?
- How you can do deep work?
- What’s the best way to balance food, activities and workouts?
- How do you learn to trust yourself and trust others?
- How do I wake up early in the morning every day?
- I would like to know if you have a boss and he is really in a bad mood, how do you handle this?
- Whenever I take a break, I lose track of what my plan was and I get totally lost in shallow activities. How can I deal with this?
- What advantage do you get from deep work?
- How do you find the best time of day to do deep work?