Keep a notebook close by to right down the thoughts/daydreaming and the things you want to procrastinate on. Doing g that helps me to think twice about what I am doing and realize I need to get back to my real work. If there is something important then I have it written down to remember for later after I am finished working.
Just be conscious of it and remind yourself to get back to the task at hand. You can say “thinking” to yourself when that happens and focus on the task.
If you find yourself procrastinating that’s OK. But make sure that your block of time moves out a little further until you actually start working. Make sure you get the full block of time of work. Sometimes you need to contemplate other things before you can get into the mood of working or writing or whatever you’re doing. But then you need to tell yourself that this is for your own good and you want to MoveOn because you want to get to bigger and better things
I find taking breaks every 30 minutes allows me to concentrate during the times I have allotted for working. I set a timer so I don’t have to think about when the break is coming up. If I do daydream, that’s a good thing because it’s very creative. Just go back to your regular work when you become aware of it.
My view on daydreaming as one of my dream, sometimes I dreamed what I want for the future, if I daydreaming I don't want it takes my time
- How do you block distraction if you work in an open space and people around you are loud or don’t care about interrupting you?
- What can I do to get back into my deep work if I get stuck?
- What is the best time of day to enter into Deep Work?
- How do you keep other people in your household from interrupting you when you’re trying to do Deep Work or to meditate?
- How do you define or identify a deep work task?
- How do you minimize phone distractions when your phone is needed for deep work. Ex: a lot of the programs I use require dual factor authentication to log in which requires a verification text be sent to my phone. They routinely time out after 20 minutes or so of not being in use and require me to log in again. Then I end up down a rabbit hole of checking stuff on my phone
- How many hours a day you consider a good day of work ?
- I’m starting to get in the groove of things again when it comes to finding what will be a work/life balance? What have been your most successful ways to truly developing a Deep Work habit?
- How can I know that I am fully concentrating?
- Do you find yourself procrastinating when you need to start a project? If so how do you get out of that mindset?