Just be conscious of it and remind yourself to get back to the task at hand. You can say “thinking” to yourself when that happens and focus on the task.
- How do you maintain focus when you absolutely cannot disconnect from the internet because of the nature of your work?
- What are your 3 most frequent interruptions during Deep Work?
- How do you stay focused on a task for a long period of time when you don’t like what your doing/studying?
- How can I get shredded in 3 months?
- How to be inspired by work if the work is straightforward and not complicated?
My view on daydreaming as one of my dream, sometimes I dreamed what I want for the future, if I daydreaming I don't want it takes my time
If you find yourself procrastinating that’s OK. But make sure that your block of time moves out a little further until you actually start working. Make sure you get the full block of time of work. Sometimes you need to contemplate other things before you can get into the mood of working or writing or whatever you’re doing. But then you need to tell yourself that this is for your own good and you want to MoveOn because you want to get to bigger and better things
I find taking breaks every 30 minutes allows me to concentrate during the times I have allotted for working. I set a timer so I don’t have to think about when the break is coming up. If I do daydream, that’s a good thing because it’s very creative. Just go back to your regular work when you become aware of it.
Keep a notebook close by to right down the thoughts/daydreaming and the things you want to procrastinate on. Doing g that helps me to think twice about what I am doing and realize I need to get back to my real work. If there is something important then I have it written down to remember for later after I am finished working.
- I prefer longer deep work sessions because I have read Cal Newport’s book Deep Work” . How do you customize the time and length of the deep work sessions?
- Do you try to tackle multiple small tasks or one large task during your deep work?
- My deep work is my secret project and I am my secret project to grow and heal. What are some ideas for other areas of deep work that could help me on my secret mission?
- What space do you set aside for yourself to do deep work?
- How do you get motivated to do something you have to do but dread doing??
- I feel like I have got used to the habit of distraction, especially when my phone is bymyside. Shall I leave it somewhere out of reach or try not be distracted while keeping it bymyside?
- What techniques do you use to build deep work habit?
- What do you do if you feel you’re working on something that might not be correct. As in writing an assignment but feel like you’re are doing it wrong or could work more productively?
- What is deep work really help to improve your life, how your feel?
- Do you ever get tempted by distractions ?