Keep a notebook close by to right down the thoughts/daydreaming and the things you want to procrastinate on. Doing g that helps me to think twice about what I am doing and realize I need to get back to my real work. If there is something important then I have it written down to remember for later after I am finished working.
Just be conscious of it and remind yourself to get back to the task at hand. You can say “thinking” to yourself when that happens and focus on the task.
If you find yourself procrastinating that’s OK. But make sure that your block of time moves out a little further until you actually start working. Make sure you get the full block of time of work. Sometimes you need to contemplate other things before you can get into the mood of working or writing or whatever you’re doing. But then you need to tell yourself that this is for your own good and you want to MoveOn because you want to get to bigger and better things
I find taking breaks every 30 minutes allows me to concentrate during the times I have allotted for working. I set a timer so I don’t have to think about when the break is coming up. If I do daydream, that’s a good thing because it’s very creative. Just go back to your regular work when you become aware of it.
My view on daydreaming as one of my dream, sometimes I dreamed what I want for the future, if I daydreaming I don't want it takes my time
- How to focus and not get distracted
- I sometimes feel guilt when I do not do something creative or productive. Is it ok to just lay in bed some days?
- What kind of stuff do you work on? Sometimes I dont know what to do!
- How do I stay motivated with all that is going on right now?
- How do you get ready to start work ?
- How to mansge time? I find hard to stick to the time to finish a task. Almost like it gives me stress
- What should you do if you are distracted frequently?
- For me, it is hard to find the perfect place for my deep work session. I’m easily distracted by sounds in my surrounding, but there’s isn’t really a place in my house where I can sit alone. Especially now during the Corona crisis… What should I try?
- How do you stay consistent with your routine and productivity level every single day?
- How do you get back on track if you start off distracted early in your work period. Some days I work really well, but I want some ideas on how to reset and self correct on days that aren’t going well.