Take small little breaks 5-10min just enough to get you recharged but not enough for you to get too distracted. And once your 5-10min alarm goes off it’s back to work
- How do I choose what to work on when doing deep work?
- How do you manage to maintain focus and flow in distracting – and unavoidable – environments?
- I have a mechanical timer ⏲. Pomodoro. It’s part of me, I like to work with it. I love its loud ringing when pomodoro is up. The problem is I can only use it at home for it would scare my peers at work. Are there some silent mechanical tools for pomodoro technique and deep work sessions?
- How do you maintain concentration? What kind of work do you do during Deep Work sessions? Any kind? Errands as well? Like folding clothes or doing the dishes?
- What if you find you just cannot focus after a busy day?
When I do deep work for housework there no boredom ☺️ But, while studing, for me it's nesessary to include in my Deep Work routine, not just 25 min of deep work but afterwards I add clench fist, meditate, eat fruit or drink water. For first 3 deep works I have pause of 3 to 5 min, and after fourth time 15-30 minutes of pause. I have stickers in front of me where in different colors I wrote 7 of my positive traits. And another sticker where I written: "I'm focused. I'm confident. I'm smart and capable. I handle situations with ease." (from app SimleHabit)
Plan the works, breakdown complex task, celebrate small wins, allocate time for relax and refocus, find a job of your passion, daily take time for self improvement, don't forget to take care of family friends and social activities, always add a 4% challenge with your task such as adding a quick deadline etc. Develop the skills of habit of ferocity and extreme resilience and patience. Etc.
- I prefer longer deep work sessions because I have read Cal Newport’s book Deep Work” . How do you customize the time and length of the deep work sessions?
- Do you try to tackle multiple small tasks or one large task during your deep work?
- My deep work is my secret project and I am my secret project to grow and heal. What are some ideas for other areas of deep work that could help me on my secret mission?
- What space do you set aside for yourself to do deep work?
- How do you get motivated to do something you have to do but dread doing??
- I feel like I have got used to the habit of distraction, especially when my phone is bymyside. Shall I leave it somewhere out of reach or try not be distracted while keeping it bymyside?
- What techniques do you use to build deep work habit?
- What do you do if you feel you’re working on something that might not be correct. As in writing an assignment but feel like you’re are doing it wrong or could work more productively?
- What is deep work really help to improve your life, how your feel?
- Do you ever get tempted by distractions ?