I did a few Fabulous journeys early on (I started using Fabulous over a year ago) and they were definitely helpful to me. But after a few journeys, I began to notice that my rituals had become long and demanding to the point of feeling stressful. Since then, I have set a goal of having no more than eight habits per ritual (I only have four easy habits in the evening ritual). And for the most part, I stick with three rituals per day (I do have one additional weekly ritual). I have also dispensed with the idea of required amounts of time for most habits. (I have kept one for Deep Work.) When I have practiced a particular habit long enough to internalize it or the attitude or idea behind it (this can take many months for me), I eliminate it from my list to make room for a new one. The habits I need the most help with, like exercise, eating right, and Deep Work, remain in my rituals for good.
- What do you do during your deep work sessions?
- For God’s sake. How do I get motivated? I’m just like “Imma meditate!” Then I’m looking at my phone and I’m like “F*ck it. IDC.”
- Do you find it easier setting the reminder timers or is it better to just do each routine at specific time in the day as my shift are unpredictable and it’s hard to have a set start and end to my day?
- Do you reward yourself for completing deep work?
- How do you stay discipline while being self employed?
- Is being sincere any way wrong. Is working hard wrong. Should we be careless. Should we do work perfectly or imperfectly? Should we take responsibility or not? Because people who take responsibility are sincere and hardworking but people who are careless, poor, irresponsible are environment friendly. Am I right or not?
- Once I have finished a deep work session of any length, I take a short break. However, I struggle to get back into that deep work state afterwards. Any tips for re-engaging with work after a break?
- How do you commit to your habit and able to do a deep work, without pause?
- What helps you prepare for a deep work session? Things that help you look forward to doing this daily?
- Do you stop deep work when time is up or keep going as long as your in the flow?
- How do you ensure high quality work?
- What does deep work mean for you?
- What do you do to ensure that you stay focused?
- Should I increase my focus time past 25 mins or just keep blocking it out while taking 5 min breaks in between?
- Which tasks do you choose to work on when you’re completing the deep work exercise?