I'll get my headset. Set up a goal and go for it. I'll always have some unexpected interruptions from my coworkers or the environment. I ask if the can wait or I ignore the chat until I fish what I'm doing.
The most difficult part is to keep going the in the afternoon after lunch break.
Za Ro I.
When it doesn t come natural I use a timer to check if I'm on task every 5-2£ depending on how avoidant or retractable I am.
I would ask the same thing to you haha. I think doing it soon after a workout seems best to me, because you’re riding the wave of feeling good about yourself and your abilities post-workout, so you want to continue that momentum and accomplish deep work with truly no distractions. I also use an app to block Facebook on my PC and go on airplane mode on my phone.
I use a timer and a the do not disturb button on my mobile. On top of that I use a power statement to avoid getting distracted by my email.
For me it isn't really a matter of control more about finding interest in what I am doing. Once the world absorbs me, it is easy to focus and I want to do much more than the allotted time.
The only effort that you need to make is to sit down and launch that 25-minute deep work timer. The rest will follow. The brain works better under time restrictions.
First I make notes of what distracts me. Then I make sure I remove these situations bedor I start. For example, I make sure I have a cup of coffee, my notifications are turned off, and I am in a space that I won't be interrupted.
- What kinds of tasks do you consider deep work? And how long do you dedicate to them?
- Do you play music while doing deep work?
- How do you re-focus on your deep work when you realize you have become distracted?
- What are the bigger distractions for you: interior ones like your thoughts or feelings, or exterior, like noises, other people, etc? Which are more challenging for you?
- How can you be less stressed while doing homework?
- Do you set a time limit for deep work or do you just go with the flow?
- How do you work from home?
- How can I have a better focus for deep work?
- How do I stay more consistent with my deep work or any other habit?
- What makes you work for the whole day? (Over eight hours constantly in the deep mindset)