A deep work is when I don’t realize it’s been hours and a shallow work is when I’m distracted by outside things every 5-10 minutes. I try to set 50 min intervals of working.
- I would like to ask the community what type of activities they engage in. I discovered yoga. I do morning yoga on weekdays and a run during weekends. Open to other suggestions.
- What’s dental tape? How do you use it???
- Do you just write household chores or everything that you would normally do in a day?
- How do I declutter my living room?
- What techniques do you use to reinforce your deep work habit? Some days I try to use the pomodoro technique, but my productive periods tend to be close to an hour and a half rather than the recommended 25 or 50 minutes.
- I don’t always have time to get into the gym. What else can I do at home that’s still effective, but without buying any equipment?
- How do you prioitize to choose which task to complete for your deep work session?
- What helps you concentrate and not get distracted during deep work?
- When doing deep work, sometimes the mind doesn’t want to leave that work. What are good transition methods to go about returning to and leaving deep work?
- What do you do in regards to your deep work habit on days you want to set aside for vacation?
- Sometimes I can’t complete the deep work task as my activities change during the day, what is your approach to getting it done when this happens?
- How do you bring yourself back when you lose focus?
- How long should I do Deep Work?
- Do we need to write all the distractions or the major ones during the session? How do we prevent the same distractions from coming back?
- I hate meditating… I can’t find any motivation or how to change things up! Any advice?