- How are you creating the most productive Deep Work habit in your life right now?
- When I’m in a bad mood because of something that happened, how do I make myself feel better so I can focus on deep work?
- How many hours of deep work can a person do?
- How did you set up a morning routine? What motivated you to get out of bed early in the morning?
- How do you complete Deep Work on days you are traveling, or have full day events? Do you carve time out, or led it slide?
The first thing I do is take a shit load of antidepressants.
The second thing i do is a lot more accessible.
Think about this.
There are Navy Seals who have to diffuse bombs while they're underwater.
While doing this there are only two things they think about. How much oxygen is in their tank, and wether or not the bomb has gone off.
They focus on those two aspects because everything else is outside of their control.
Just focus on what you can control. Use meditation to ignore everything else.
I use the power of habit to drive me when I don't want to move. Having solid habits & rituals in place for doing the maintenance tasks that will make my day run smoothly is like gliding along on rails instead of trekking through tough ground on foot.
I use audiobooks to keep the brain weasels at bay while working on tasks that don't require language, such as drawing or color organization.
When I am feeling strong, I write impassioned notes to myself about why certain things are important (also, evidence that the brain weasels are lying), and when I need motivation I read my own notes. I'm considering doing this with a blog the next time I'm feeling enthusiastic, as others tell me my enthusiasm is infectious.
I will leave some tips that'll help you solve your problem . But , first you have to do one thing ! That is "start loving yourself!" I am telling you this because it helped me to overcome my anxiety.
1. Start simply
Before you get to do your work, you have to concentrate on your daily tasks of living. In the morning, when you got up, think that " I feel better today!" . Then have a shower and get dressed. Eat a healthy meal and then get to your work. And also, don't forget to make a SIMPLE to-do list which includes your daily tasks.
2.Disconnect from social media
It's better to turn off your mobile phone and disconnect from social media. It improves your concentration on work while helping you to connect with yourself.
3.Give yourself a treat.
When you've finished one of your to-do list, celebrate it with treating yourself.(spend few seconds to do this because you must not waste your time!) Ex: say to yourself"wow! You're great!)
4. Have a break
After spending 25 mins on work, get a 10 mins break. During this break, get into the nature , wak in your garden, play with your pet , listen to your favorite music ( this should be motivational ; should not hurt your feelings!!!!) etc.
Believe that you can do anything!
Have a nice day!
Good luck !
What helps me is Meditation and especially Visualization (Thoughts as Clouds drifting past a Mountain (the Mind)).
I try to be in the present instead of the past or future, where the anxiety often finds its source.
- Is being sincere any way wrong. Is working hard wrong. Should we be careless. Should we do work perfectly or imperfectly? Should we take responsibility or not? Because people who take responsibility are sincere and hardworking but people who are careless, poor, irresponsible are environment friendly. Am I right or not?
- Once I have finished a deep work session of any length, I take a short break. However, I struggle to get back into that deep work state afterwards. Any tips for re-engaging with work after a break?
- How do you commit to your habit and able to do a deep work, without pause?
- What helps you prepare for a deep work session? Things that help you look forward to doing this daily?
- Do you stop deep work when time is up or keep going as long as your in the flow?
- How do you ensure high quality work?
- What does deep work mean for you?
- What do you do to ensure that you stay focused?
- Should I increase my focus time past 25 mins or just keep blocking it out while taking 5 min breaks in between?
- Which tasks do you choose to work on when you’re completing the deep work exercise?