- How do you accomplish deep work when you don’t have control over your schedule?
- I am terrible at concentrating, specially because of the internal negative self-talk. How do you postpone or eradicate altogether the negative self-talk during deep work sessions?
- How do you choose what to do during deep work every day?
- How do you enable “Deep Work” in an open environment where you are playing the role of a manager, whose key job is to enable the team reach their full potential.
- How to prevent boredom while doing deep work (including studying)?
The first thing I do is take a shit load of antidepressants.
The second thing i do is a lot more accessible.
Think about this.
There are Navy Seals who have to diffuse bombs while they're underwater.
While doing this there are only two things they think about. How much oxygen is in their tank, and wether or not the bomb has gone off.
They focus on those two aspects because everything else is outside of their control.
Just focus on what you can control. Use meditation to ignore everything else.
I use the power of habit to drive me when I don't want to move. Having solid habits & rituals in place for doing the maintenance tasks that will make my day run smoothly is like gliding along on rails instead of trekking through tough ground on foot.
I use audiobooks to keep the brain weasels at bay while working on tasks that don't require language, such as drawing or color organization.
When I am feeling strong, I write impassioned notes to myself about why certain things are important (also, evidence that the brain weasels are lying), and when I need motivation I read my own notes. I'm considering doing this with a blog the next time I'm feeling enthusiastic, as others tell me my enthusiasm is infectious.
I will leave some tips that'll help you solve your problem . But , first you have to do one thing ! That is "start loving yourself!" I am telling you this because it helped me to overcome my anxiety.
1. Start simply
Before you get to do your work, you have to concentrate on your daily tasks of living. In the morning, when you got up, think that " I feel better today!" . Then have a shower and get dressed. Eat a healthy meal and then get to your work. And also, don't forget to make a SIMPLE to-do list which includes your daily tasks.
2.Disconnect from social media
It's better to turn off your mobile phone and disconnect from social media. It improves your concentration on work while helping you to connect with yourself.
3.Give yourself a treat.
When you've finished one of your to-do list, celebrate it with treating yourself.(spend few seconds to do this because you must not waste your time!) Ex: say to yourself"wow! You're great!)
4. Have a break
After spending 25 mins on work, get a 10 mins break. During this break, get into the nature , wak in your garden, play with your pet , listen to your favorite music ( this should be motivational ; should not hurt your feelings!!!!) etc.
Believe that you can do anything!
Have a nice day!
Good luck !
What helps me is Meditation and especially Visualization (Thoughts as Clouds drifting past a Mountain (the Mind)).
I try to be in the present instead of the past or future, where the anxiety often finds its source.
- What do you do to avoid distractions?
- Is it optimal to break up deep work periods? I understood that people don’t tend to work optimally after about a 45-minute period?
- How you can do deep work?
- What’s the best way to balance food, activities and workouts?
- How do you learn to trust yourself and trust others?
- How do I wake up early in the morning every day?
- I would like to know if you have a boss and he is really in a bad mood, how do you handle this?
- Whenever I take a break, I lose track of what my plan was and I get totally lost in shallow activities. How can I deal with this?
- What advantage do you get from deep work?
- How do you find the best time of day to do deep work?