- How can I be completely focused and motivated and make the effort to change?
- Any hint to actually do the most important big tasks, during the deep work session, instead of smaller, also necessary but less critical tasks?
- How long to you do deep work, and how frequently? Do you take breaks? What do you do during those breaks?
- I work in retail. I have anything but a regular schedule. Trying to build routines that can’t be routine by a clock is tough. Help?
- Does the feeling of procrastination before you start deep work get better with momentum? Interested to know! Or is it always a struggle 😆
To eliminate distractions I try to complete the deep work tasks in the early morning hours before everyone else needs my attention (you could choose evening hours when the rush is over, just make sure it's a time of day when your energy level is highest so you can actually concentrate). It also helps having a certain routine and knowing what goal I'll be working towards. Specific tasks may change but I always know that from 8am to 11am every day I am working on my top priority task to complete project X by the end of the month. It's an actual block in my calendar scheduled every day and I plan everything else around it. Hope this was helpful, good luck!
Otherwise – late evenings are full of opportunities (opt out of social activities).
Most importantly – be ok with the fact that you won’t always have time. It is better to have a 3 year habit you stick to 80% of the time than to stick to a habit for 30 days, and then give up.
- I prefer longer deep work sessions because I have read Cal Newport’s book Deep Work” . How do you customize the time and length of the deep work sessions?
- Do you try to tackle multiple small tasks or one large task during your deep work?
- My deep work is my secret project and I am my secret project to grow and heal. What are some ideas for other areas of deep work that could help me on my secret mission?
- What space do you set aside for yourself to do deep work?
- How do you get motivated to do something you have to do but dread doing??
- I feel like I have got used to the habit of distraction, especially when my phone is bymyside. Shall I leave it somewhere out of reach or try not be distracted while keeping it bymyside?
- What techniques do you use to build deep work habit?
- What do you do if you feel you’re working on something that might not be correct. As in writing an assignment but feel like you’re are doing it wrong or could work more productively?
- What is deep work really help to improve your life, how your feel?
- Do you ever get tempted by distractions ?