- What strategies do you use to keep yourself from getting distracted during your work sessions?
- How do you switch your brain off from constantly self-distracting?
- How do you multitask AND deep work?
- Do you listen to music or have anything going on in the background during deep work? Even sitting by a window can be distracting, but sitting in a completely silent, dark room on an uncomfortable chair can be just as counter-productive. How do you minimize distraction while maintaining a comfortable work environment?
- What apps or tools do you use to block the notifications distractions during your Deep Work?
To eliminate distractions I try to complete the deep work tasks in the early morning hours before everyone else needs my attention (you could choose evening hours when the rush is over, just make sure it's a time of day when your energy level is highest so you can actually concentrate). It also helps having a certain routine and knowing what goal I'll be working towards. Specific tasks may change but I always know that from 8am to 11am every day I am working on my top priority task to complete project X by the end of the month. It's an actual block in my calendar scheduled every day and I plan everything else around it. Hope this was helpful, good luck!
Otherwise – late evenings are full of opportunities (opt out of social activities).
Most importantly – be ok with the fact that you won’t always have time. It is better to have a 3 year habit you stick to 80% of the time than to stick to a habit for 30 days, and then give up.
- What do you do to avoid distractions?
- Is it optimal to break up deep work periods? I understood that people don’t tend to work optimally after about a 45-minute period?
- How you can do deep work?
- What’s the best way to balance food, activities and workouts?
- How do you learn to trust yourself and trust others?
- How do I wake up early in the morning every day?
- I would like to know if you have a boss and he is really in a bad mood, how do you handle this?
- Whenever I take a break, I lose track of what my plan was and I get totally lost in shallow activities. How can I deal with this?
- What advantage do you get from deep work?
- How do you find the best time of day to do deep work?