Otherwise – late evenings are full of opportunities (opt out of social activities).
Most importantly – be ok with the fact that you won’t always have time. It is better to have a 3 year habit you stick to 80% of the time than to stick to a habit for 30 days, and then give up.
To eliminate distractions I try to complete the deep work tasks in the early morning hours before everyone else needs my attention (you could choose evening hours when the rush is over, just make sure it's a time of day when your energy level is highest so you can actually concentrate). It also helps having a certain routine and knowing what goal I'll be working towards. Specific tasks may change but I always know that from 8am to 11am every day I am working on my top priority task to complete project X by the end of the month. It's an actual block in my calendar scheduled every day and I plan everything else around it. Hope this was helpful, good luck!
- How do you do your best work?
- How long should I do deep work?
- How do you commit to something you really don’t want to do? Example: An essay 😂
- How many times a day should I have Deep Work.
- What do you consider deep work.
- Should you take a short break every 20-30mins of deep work?
- How to build focus for such a short time even. I get distracted after every 7 minutes?
- How do you decide what is work you should be thinking of when thinking of deep work?
- What do you do when it’s time to work but yr really not in the mood.
- How do you keep your focus on a task that’s necessary but boring?