I completely understand this, because I am a writer myself. Sometimes I ask for extensions and I am honest about why it’s taking me so long to give in my work. Other times I distance myself from work and pretend that I work for a daily newspaper wherein I need to submit an article, by hook or by crook. So I just detach and get it done, compartmentalize until I get to finish, and then I go into my wallowing afterwards to get it finished.
- When do you meditate? Does your partner of friend join? For me it’s awkward to do it in the same room.
- What is your biggest distraction when you do deep work?
- How do you make sure the distractions you noted down this time won’t happen again?
- When someone is eagerly waiting to talk to me and I’m trying to work with full focus, I feel bad to keep the person waiting. How do I handle this situation?
- How can I increase my productivity while studying?
I give myself time to be in those moods. To be sad or have doubt. Not too much time, then I reboot with self love, motivation, and positive affirmations to help get me back on track. Having a plan and schedule are vital. Without them I would never get back on track.
I don't like my job.I am a painter, I studied painting on the Academy of fine arts but some life circumstances brought me in a job that doesn't inspire me any more…i like creative jobs.I would prefere to earn for living from painting and photography.But I am not able and I don't know how to change my job and life and exit this daili 7a.m.-3 p.m. routine.
I am currently reading a book and it helped me a lot to get rid of those negative feelings: Quiet Mind Epic Life. Tip: I am using a free trial of Amazon Kindle Unlimited and I got the book for free there.
Self care is important. I will take a day to make my three priorities taking care of myself. Today I took a long, hot bath. I write a snail mail to my cousin. I made sure I ate healthy food and skipped a night time activity. I just needed to recoup. There are other days where I am intensely working. If there is a deadline I have to write no matter what is going on.
- I prefer longer deep work sessions because I have read Cal Newport’s book Deep Work” . How do you customize the time and length of the deep work sessions?
- Do you try to tackle multiple small tasks or one large task during your deep work?
- My deep work is my secret project and I am my secret project to grow and heal. What are some ideas for other areas of deep work that could help me on my secret mission?
- What space do you set aside for yourself to do deep work?
- How do you get motivated to do something you have to do but dread doing??
- I feel like I have got used to the habit of distraction, especially when my phone is bymyside. Shall I leave it somewhere out of reach or try not be distracted while keeping it bymyside?
- What techniques do you use to build deep work habit?
- What do you do if you feel you’re working on something that might not be correct. As in writing an assignment but feel like you’re are doing it wrong or could work more productively?
- What is deep work really help to improve your life, how your feel?
- Do you ever get tempted by distractions ?