I completely understand this, because I am a writer myself. Sometimes I ask for extensions and I am honest about why it’s taking me so long to give in my work. Other times I distance myself from work and pretend that I work for a daily newspaper wherein I need to submit an article, by hook or by crook. So I just detach and get it done, compartmentalize until I get to finish, and then I go into my wallowing afterwards to get it finished.
- I can’t discipline myself and follow my routine so keep falling behind in my studying. How do I overcome this??
- What if you don’t have any big tasks to complete during the deep work session, what if you have lots of small tasks?
- How do you count the deep work, any kind of uninterrupted intense activity or just intellectual? Work related only or maybe life related only?
- I often get stressed in the morning to get to work but I won’t exercise if I don’t do it before work. Any suggestions to get to the gym faster?
- Is it too early for spring cleaning? Or at least getting a head start?
I give myself time to be in those moods. To be sad or have doubt. Not too much time, then I reboot with self love, motivation, and positive affirmations to help get me back on track. Having a plan and schedule are vital. Without them I would never get back on track.
I don't like my job.I am a painter, I studied painting on the Academy of fine arts but some life circumstances brought me in a job that doesn't inspire me any more…i like creative jobs.I would prefere to earn for living from painting and photography.But I am not able and I don't know how to change my job and life and exit this daili 7a.m.-3 p.m. routine.
I am currently reading a book and it helped me a lot to get rid of those negative feelings: Quiet Mind Epic Life. Tip: I am using a free trial of Amazon Kindle Unlimited and I got the book for free there.
Self care is important. I will take a day to make my three priorities taking care of myself. Today I took a long, hot bath. I write a snail mail to my cousin. I made sure I ate healthy food and skipped a night time activity. I just needed to recoup. There are other days where I am intensely working. If there is a deadline I have to write no matter what is going on.
- What do you do to avoid distractions?
- Is it optimal to break up deep work periods? I understood that people don’t tend to work optimally after about a 45-minute period?
- How you can do deep work?
- What’s the best way to balance food, activities and workouts?
- How do you learn to trust yourself and trust others?
- How do I wake up early in the morning every day?
- I would like to know if you have a boss and he is really in a bad mood, how do you handle this?
- Whenever I take a break, I lose track of what my plan was and I get totally lost in shallow activities. How can I deal with this?
- What advantage do you get from deep work?
- How do you find the best time of day to do deep work?