I actually don’t have many apps with notifications on my phone. I check my messages when it makes sense for me (usually on a water break.)
- What are your reasons to exercise? I really enjoy hearing about other people’s goals and aspirations. I want to exercise because since college has started for me about a year and a half ago, I’ve gained roughly 30 pounds. It’s surprising not too noticeable because I’m 6’7”, but I’m getting married in about 4 months and I really want to look my best for my wife and enjoy our honeymoon cruise without feeling self-conscious.
- What is the best to do list app?
- How do you get a day back on track following interruptions? Starting task #1 at 4pm is not unusual for me!
- How do you fight the urge to sleep?
- Why do you forego flossing and how can you change that?
Surprisingly, I don't use any hi tech tools. When I need to focus, I just tap on my nerdy side and block my mind from the outer world. Sometimes I get so deep into this state that my wife, sitting in front of me across the table cannot get my attention. It might sound weird, maybe a little psychotic, but it's honestly what helps me concentrate. How do I do that? I focus on the task and all aspects involving it to the tiny details, until it's all I can think of. Works for me. 😉
Don't download apps for this work just go the android settings for the apps you want blocked tap notifications option click off button…
I don’t normally use an app. If I must I put it in Airplane Mode or turn the sound down. But normally I’m simply not glued to my phone so if I’m busy with something else, my phone isn’t usually on me, therefore it isn’t a problem.
I use blocksite as it has the option to do both,block website as well as apps.Also,it have an additional work feature which will block certain website and apps for a fixed period of time set by the user.
I put my phone in airplane mode, sometimes I simply put it away from me, but in any case I remove ringtones or vibrations. I do not use any kind of apps.
I don't. I simply mute the sounds for notifications, all of them during a certain timeframe. Only the alarm sound system stays on. After a certain time frame, I turn them back on. Easier to do and saves time/room for me and my phone.
No app but you can always go to phone setting to turn off the notification. I would usually just put the phone on airplane mode and turn off the wifi
- How do you deal with burnout when you can’t afford to stop working?
- What to do when you finish the task before the time you saved for your deep work?
- How do you switch your brain off from constantly self-distracting?
- How do you choose what to do during deep work every day?
- Do you do this every day? I set it for 3 days a week as days with many meetings can make it much harder to concentrate.
- How should I spend my break time during work?
- What kind of environment do you prefer to work in? A noisy one? Quiet?
- What is your favourite music to do focused work to?
- Can fun be considered deep work?
- If you are a supervisor, how do you handle your team members’ questions and needs during deep work sessions?