I actually don’t have many apps with notifications on my phone. I check my messages when it makes sense for me (usually on a water break.)
- How do you find the best time of day to do deep work?
- What do you do to get away from the phone as distraction?
- How do you make sure the distractions you noted down this time won’t happen again?
- Can fun be considered as deep work?
- What distractions do you find helpful to get rid of, besides other technology?
Surprisingly, I don't use any hi tech tools. When I need to focus, I just tap on my nerdy side and block my mind from the outer world. Sometimes I get so deep into this state that my wife, sitting in front of me across the table cannot get my attention. It might sound weird, maybe a little psychotic, but it's honestly what helps me concentrate. How do I do that? I focus on the task and all aspects involving it to the tiny details, until it's all I can think of. Works for me. 😉
Don't download apps for this work just go the android settings for the apps you want blocked tap notifications option click off button…
I don’t normally use an app. If I must I put it in Airplane Mode or turn the sound down. But normally I’m simply not glued to my phone so if I’m busy with something else, my phone isn’t usually on me, therefore it isn’t a problem.
I use blocksite as it has the option to do both,block website as well as apps.Also,it have an additional work feature which will block certain website and apps for a fixed period of time set by the user.
I put my phone in airplane mode, sometimes I simply put it away from me, but in any case I remove ringtones or vibrations. I do not use any kind of apps.
I don't. I simply mute the sounds for notifications, all of them during a certain timeframe. Only the alarm sound system stays on. After a certain time frame, I turn them back on. Easier to do and saves time/room for me and my phone.
No app but you can always go to phone setting to turn off the notification. I would usually just put the phone on airplane mode and turn off the wifi
- Is being sincere any way wrong. Is working hard wrong. Should we be careless. Should we do work perfectly or imperfectly? Should we take responsibility or not? Because people who take responsibility are sincere and hardworking but people who are careless, poor, irresponsible are environment friendly. Am I right or not?
- Once I have finished a deep work session of any length, I take a short break. However, I struggle to get back into that deep work state afterwards. Any tips for re-engaging with work after a break?
- How do you commit to your habit and able to do a deep work, without pause?
- What helps you prepare for a deep work session? Things that help you look forward to doing this daily?
- Do you stop deep work when time is up or keep going as long as your in the flow?
- How do you ensure high quality work?
- What does deep work mean for you?
- What do you do to ensure that you stay focused?
- Should I increase my focus time past 25 mins or just keep blocking it out while taking 5 min breaks in between?
- Which tasks do you choose to work on when you’re completing the deep work exercise?