I actually don’t have many apps with notifications on my phone. I check my messages when it makes sense for me (usually on a water break.)
- How do I get into that first ‘part’ of work? I always struggle with actually sitting down and committing to a task, but once I am focused I can work productively. How can I motivate myself to start that task I’ve been putting off?
- What do you do when you encounter sudden distractions that fatigue you?
- How do you control yourself enough to get deep work done?
- Do you use electronic tools to help you focus or do you find that disconnecting from your devices is more conducive to focusing? I’m finding both to work for me but under different task conditions.
- How do you get your mind to relax
Surprisingly, I don't use any hi tech tools. When I need to focus, I just tap on my nerdy side and block my mind from the outer world. Sometimes I get so deep into this state that my wife, sitting in front of me across the table cannot get my attention. It might sound weird, maybe a little psychotic, but it's honestly what helps me concentrate. How do I do that? I focus on the task and all aspects involving it to the tiny details, until it's all I can think of. Works for me. 😉
Don't download apps for this work just go the android settings for the apps you want blocked tap notifications option click off button…
I don’t normally use an app. If I must I put it in Airplane Mode or turn the sound down. But normally I’m simply not glued to my phone so if I’m busy with something else, my phone isn’t usually on me, therefore it isn’t a problem.
I use blocksite as it has the option to do both,block website as well as apps.Also,it have an additional work feature which will block certain website and apps for a fixed period of time set by the user.
I put my phone in airplane mode, sometimes I simply put it away from me, but in any case I remove ringtones or vibrations. I do not use any kind of apps.
I don't. I simply mute the sounds for notifications, all of them during a certain timeframe. Only the alarm sound system stays on. After a certain time frame, I turn them back on. Easier to do and saves time/room for me and my phone.
No app but you can always go to phone setting to turn off the notification. I would usually just put the phone on airplane mode and turn off the wifi
- I prefer longer deep work sessions because I have read Cal Newport’s book Deep Work” . How do you customize the time and length of the deep work sessions?
- Do you try to tackle multiple small tasks or one large task during your deep work?
- My deep work is my secret project and I am my secret project to grow and heal. What are some ideas for other areas of deep work that could help me on my secret mission?
- What space do you set aside for yourself to do deep work?
- How do you get motivated to do something you have to do but dread doing??
- I feel like I have got used to the habit of distraction, especially when my phone is bymyside. Shall I leave it somewhere out of reach or try not be distracted while keeping it bymyside?
- What techniques do you use to build deep work habit?
- What do you do if you feel you’re working on something that might not be correct. As in writing an assignment but feel like you’re are doing it wrong or could work more productively?
- What is deep work really help to improve your life, how your feel?
- Do you ever get tempted by distractions ?