I set aside a time on specific days to tackle the work. I tell myself I only have to spend that amount of time on the assignment or task. Then I make sure I’m comfortable in the space I choose to work in. Finally I add ambiance by putting on a focus playlist from Spotify and making sure that drinks and snacks are set up/ available while working.
I keep the Fabulous Moment going with earbuds in. I hear nothing but the soft music, no distractions. It works for me so far. Hope this helps.
I put away distractions and just start on one thing. Pretty soon momentum kicks in and I can go for a while. A pad of paper or note taking/reminder app goes a long way for not letting those stray thoughts derail you.
You have to trick you mind. While you are on deep Work, make sure you are telling your mind to focus in between. Keep talking to your inner mind and try to take control of your mind.
- How to focus and not get distracted
- I sometimes feel guilt when I do not do something creative or productive. Is it ok to just lay in bed some days?
- What kind of stuff do you work on? Sometimes I dont know what to do!
- How do I stay motivated with all that is going on right now?
- How do you get ready to start work ?
- How to mansge time? I find hard to stick to the time to finish a task. Almost like it gives me stress
- What should you do if you are distracted frequently?
- For me, it is hard to find the perfect place for my deep work session. I’m easily distracted by sounds in my surrounding, but there’s isn’t really a place in my house where I can sit alone. Especially now during the Corona crisis… What should I try?
- How do you stay consistent with your routine and productivity level every single day?
- How do you get back on track if you start off distracted early in your work period. Some days I work really well, but I want some ideas on how to reset and self correct on days that aren’t going well.