I set aside a time on specific days to tackle the work. I tell myself I only have to spend that amount of time on the assignment or task. Then I make sure I’m comfortable in the space I choose to work in. Finally I add ambiance by putting on a focus playlist from Spotify and making sure that drinks and snacks are set up/ available while working.
I keep the Fabulous Moment going with earbuds in. I hear nothing but the soft music, no distractions. It works for me so far. Hope this helps.
I put away distractions and just start on one thing. Pretty soon momentum kicks in and I can go for a while. A pad of paper or note taking/reminder app goes a long way for not letting those stray thoughts derail you.
You have to trick you mind. While you are on deep Work, make sure you are telling your mind to focus in between. Keep talking to your inner mind and try to take control of your mind.
- What kinds of tasks do you consider deep work? And how long do you dedicate to them?
- Do you play music while doing deep work?
- How do you re-focus on your deep work when you realize you have become distracted?
- What are the bigger distractions for you: interior ones like your thoughts or feelings, or exterior, like noises, other people, etc? Which are more challenging for you?
- How can you be less stressed while doing homework?
- Do you set a time limit for deep work or do you just go with the flow?
- How do you work from home?
- How can I have a better focus for deep work?
- How do I stay more consistent with my deep work or any other habit?
- What makes you work for the whole day? (Over eight hours constantly in the deep mindset)