Put all devices on do not disturb and put in earbuds & appropriate music. Sometimes calming music, sometimes energizing, take no prisoners music
- I am an artist and I have no trouble with deep work. The hard part is the more mundane details of keeping up with external obligations and chores. How do I get motivated to do what is not the deep work?
- What’s your favorite performance statement? mine is, “You will feel better afterwards.”
- What distractions are the hardest to get rid of? And how to deal with them?
- What’s the difference between Deep Work and Block Distractions? They sound the same.
- How do you decide which time of the day is best for deep work and good for other no-brain tasks? How do you prioritise if no-brain tasks need to be done as soon as possible and you have many of them?
I usually set my timer, close My inbox an put my phone on Do Not Disturb. Set my intention and begin. Once I am focused the deep work begins
Firstly, I keep my phone away. I cut off any kind of distraction. Secondly, I create an environment which motivates me to focus deeply into my work. Like choosing a table or chair which help me sit upright but not stiff ; I also choose some flowers to put on my desk because seeing color in general make me happy. Thirdly, I do not look at the clock because when I look at it, I get thought like "How much longer do I have to do this? " which is not good when you focusing on something. Lastly, don't let your eyes strain too much. Close your eyes for 10 or 15 seconds between 10mins intervals, that way you won't tire your eyes.
- Is being sincere any way wrong. Is working hard wrong. Should we be careless. Should we do work perfectly or imperfectly? Should we take responsibility or not? Because people who take responsibility are sincere and hardworking but people who are careless, poor, irresponsible are environment friendly. Am I right or not?
- Once I have finished a deep work session of any length, I take a short break. However, I struggle to get back into that deep work state afterwards. Any tips for re-engaging with work after a break?
- How do you commit to your habit and able to do a deep work, without pause?
- What helps you prepare for a deep work session? Things that help you look forward to doing this daily?
- Do you stop deep work when time is up or keep going as long as your in the flow?
- How do you ensure high quality work?
- What does deep work mean for you?
- What do you do to ensure that you stay focused?
- Should I increase my focus time past 25 mins or just keep blocking it out while taking 5 min breaks in between?
- Which tasks do you choose to work on when you’re completing the deep work exercise?