Put all devices on do not disturb and put in earbuds & appropriate music. Sometimes calming music, sometimes energizing, take no prisoners music
- How do you make your focus stronger? How do you make sure you aren’t distracted?
- If your career is largely a matter of self discipline (writing, painting, etc) how do you combat periods of sadness, doubt or any other mood?
- How to convince the others to not disturb when doing a deep work session? Also what is the duration for the session?
- What is deep work?
- What is your favourite music to do focused work to?
I usually set my timer, close My inbox an put my phone on Do Not Disturb. Set my intention and begin. Once I am focused the deep work begins
Firstly, I keep my phone away. I cut off any kind of distraction. Secondly, I create an environment which motivates me to focus deeply into my work. Like choosing a table or chair which help me sit upright but not stiff ; I also choose some flowers to put on my desk because seeing color in general make me happy. Thirdly, I do not look at the clock because when I look at it, I get thought like "How much longer do I have to do this? " which is not good when you focusing on something. Lastly, don't let your eyes strain too much. Close your eyes for 10 or 15 seconds between 10mins intervals, that way you won't tire your eyes.
- What do you do to avoid distractions?
- Is it optimal to break up deep work periods? I understood that people don’t tend to work optimally after about a 45-minute period?
- How you can do deep work?
- What’s the best way to balance food, activities and workouts?
- How do you learn to trust yourself and trust others?
- How do I wake up early in the morning every day?
- I would like to know if you have a boss and he is really in a bad mood, how do you handle this?
- Whenever I take a break, I lose track of what my plan was and I get totally lost in shallow activities. How can I deal with this?
- What advantage do you get from deep work?
- How do you find the best time of day to do deep work?