Put all devices on do not disturb and put in earbuds & appropriate music. Sometimes calming music, sometimes energizing, take no prisoners music
Firstly, I keep my phone away. I cut off any kind of distraction. Secondly, I create an environment which motivates me to focus deeply into my work. Like choosing a table or chair which help me sit upright but not stiff ; I also choose some flowers to put on my desk because seeing color in general make me happy. Thirdly, I do not look at the clock because when I look at it, I get thought like "How much longer do I have to do this? " which is not good when you focusing on something. Lastly, don't let your eyes strain too much. Close your eyes for 10 or 15 seconds between 10mins intervals, that way you won't tire your eyes.
I usually set my timer, close My inbox an put my phone on Do Not Disturb. Set my intention and begin. Once I am focused the deep work begins
- How to focus and not get distracted
- I sometimes feel guilt when I do not do something creative or productive. Is it ok to just lay in bed some days?
- What kind of stuff do you work on? Sometimes I dont know what to do!
- How do I stay motivated with all that is going on right now?
- How do you get ready to start work ?
- How to mansge time? I find hard to stick to the time to finish a task. Almost like it gives me stress
- What should you do if you are distracted frequently?
- For me, it is hard to find the perfect place for my deep work session. I’m easily distracted by sounds in my surrounding, but there’s isn’t really a place in my house where I can sit alone. Especially now during the Corona crisis… What should I try?
- How do you stay consistent with your routine and productivity level every single day?
- How do you get back on track if you start off distracted early in your work period. Some days I work really well, but I want some ideas on how to reset and self correct on days that aren’t going well.