Put all devices on do not disturb and put in earbuds & appropriate music. Sometimes calming music, sometimes energizing, take no prisoners music
- Which exercise should I do to improve physical strength of my body?
- What do you eat for breakfast? Do you have a healthy go-to meal that’s easy and nutritious?
- How can I replace toasts? I don’t want to create a habit of eating toasts and don’t feel full without them.
- How to not feel exhausted after the deep work session?
- When I am studying and my mind becomes tired after a while, concentrating becomes very difficult. How do you avoid the sleepiness that studying causes?
I usually set my timer, close My inbox an put my phone on Do Not Disturb. Set my intention and begin. Once I am focused the deep work begins
Firstly, I keep my phone away. I cut off any kind of distraction. Secondly, I create an environment which motivates me to focus deeply into my work. Like choosing a table or chair which help me sit upright but not stiff ; I also choose some flowers to put on my desk because seeing color in general make me happy. Thirdly, I do not look at the clock because when I look at it, I get thought like "How much longer do I have to do this? " which is not good when you focusing on something. Lastly, don't let your eyes strain too much. Close your eyes for 10 or 15 seconds between 10mins intervals, that way you won't tire your eyes.
- How do you differentiate a deep and shallow work and schedule time appropriately?
- What tips and tricks do you have for getting back into work after interruptions? I work in a place where interruptions happen a lot and are difficult to avoid, even when I have my headphones on…
- Where should I carry out my deep work sessions?
- I would be particularly interested in getting more information how to develop and improve my skills in focusing on my work? What kind of behavior should I avoid to not to lose control over it?
- How many deep work sessions can I do in a day?
- When you work in a field in science, such doing a PhD, how to keep focused and prevent procrastinating?
- What do you prioritize in the morning? My habits are adding up and I think I need to choose some.
- How do you prevent distractions where you’re working?
- How do you get to your deep work session if you have meetings and other chores together with colleagues all day?
- What can I include in my deep work apart from study and physical activity???