Both works for me to be honest and also that it's only early morning & at night I really enjoy working on anything. My least favorite time for deep work is afternoon, because it's always a lazy feeling or too much heat at times, doesn't let me get the work done or well I don't enjoy doing it actually during afternoon. Evening is like to catch up on all things & dinner so not good either. The best is early morning till afternoon as it's a fresh morning a fresh start, without any thoughts or anything at all and late at night till dawn, because it's quiet and so at peace I love it, I actually love to catch at least a glimpse of dawn, it's the best.
- Do you listen to music or have anything going on in the background during deep work? Even sitting by a window can be distracting, but sitting in a completely silent, dark room on an uncomfortable chair can be just as counter-productive. How do you minimize distraction while maintaining a comfortable work environment?
- I struggle to get deep work done as I keep getting interrupted. This is the nature of my job so I can’t change the interruptions, any suggestions on how to do deep work with interruptions? Thanks Caroline
- What do you do to avoid distractions?
- How do you maintain concentration? What kind of work do you do during Deep Work sessions? Any kind? Errands as well? Like folding clothes or doing the dishes?
- What about Pareto’s 80:20 principle?
Clearly in the morning, when your head is still fresh. You'll have more willpower and your brain has little residual 'noise' from all the other stuff that happened during the day.
The answer depends in your body and how best you operate. I am a lark and find that 2-3 hours after waking up is when I should do my hardest project.
Whenever you are most energized. I’m a morning person so early morning works for me. I generally don’t want to do anything serious in the evening. But if you are a night owl then by all means, schedule your deep work at night.
I prefer early morning and block time for this the first part of my day. In that way my energy is not sapped by random events and actions
I think it depends on what you are working on. I use deep work for things outside of my regular work day so I do it in the evening. At work though I get my best work done in the morning.
It depends if you are an early bird or a night owl. So if you are usually more tired in the mornings then do it late at night and vise versa. But, if your nights are too busy, then wake up early and do it in the mornings.
I do all of my work at night but I would like to do it earlier. That is a very bad habit of mine, doing work very very late. It is a very bad habit of mine that I think fabulous could help me improve!!
- How can you motivate yourself to stay in your deep work session every day, even if you have a lot other things to do besides and feel like you don’t have time for it?
- Have you ever been in situation that you must choose to go to high school which you don’t like and you can’t understand about 6 subjects in that school , you think that, that school is not for you, you think that is hard for you and you want to go to other school but your parents are not letting you to go?
- As a 12 year old gotta long should I deep work for in one sitting
- Can i know how to focus myself when carrying out the Deep Focus habit, if my daily schedule is packed and my surroundings are disturbing
- I prefer longer deep work sessions because I have read Cal Newport’s book Deep Work” . How do you customize the time and length of the deep work sessions?
- Do you try to tackle multiple small tasks or one large task during your deep work?
- My deep work is my secret project and I am my secret project to grow and heal. What are some ideas for other areas of deep work that could help me on my secret mission?
- What space do you set aside for yourself to do deep work?
- How do you get motivated to do something you have to do but dread doing??
- I feel like I have got used to the habit of distraction, especially when my phone is bymyside. Shall I leave it somewhere out of reach or try not be distracted while keeping it bymyside?