Both works for me to be honest and also that it's only early morning & at night I really enjoy working on anything. My least favorite time for deep work is afternoon, because it's always a lazy feeling or too much heat at times, doesn't let me get the work done or well I don't enjoy doing it actually during afternoon. Evening is like to catch up on all things & dinner so not good either. The best is early morning till afternoon as it's a fresh morning a fresh start, without any thoughts or anything at all and late at night till dawn, because it's quiet and so at peace I love it, I actually love to catch at least a glimpse of dawn, it's the best.
- What is the most nutritious breakfast you can make and consume in less than 10 minutes that does not require cooking?
- Do you floss between all your teeth?
- Is brunch recommended by anyone over breakfast ?
- What kind of floss do you use?
- Do you keep your to do list under a certain amount of items to make sure that it is achievable?
Clearly in the morning, when your head is still fresh. You'll have more willpower and your brain has little residual 'noise' from all the other stuff that happened during the day.
The answer depends in your body and how best you operate. I am a lark and find that 2-3 hours after waking up is when I should do my hardest project.
Whenever you are most energized. I’m a morning person so early morning works for me. I generally don’t want to do anything serious in the evening. But if you are a night owl then by all means, schedule your deep work at night.
I prefer early morning and block time for this the first part of my day. In that way my energy is not sapped by random events and actions
I think it depends on what you are working on. I use deep work for things outside of my regular work day so I do it in the evening. At work though I get my best work done in the morning.
It depends if you are an early bird or a night owl. So if you are usually more tired in the mornings then do it late at night and vise versa. But, if your nights are too busy, then wake up early and do it in the mornings.
I do all of my work at night but I would like to do it earlier. That is a very bad habit of mine, doing work very very late. It is a very bad habit of mine that I think fabulous could help me improve!!
- How do I keep feeling motivated for achievements?
- What do you listen to during deep work?
- How long do you do Deep Work? I’ve kept mine at 25 minutes but is there more benefit to focusing for longer periods at a time?
- Has anybody actually switched to a typewriter or writing by hand just to avoid the distractions of the Internet?
- How do you deal with procrastination?
- For musicians and artists: How do you balance work on your artistic practice with all the business stuff that goes with it?
- I struggle to get deep work done as I keep getting interrupted. This is the nature of my job so I can’t change the interruptions, any suggestions on how to do deep work with interruptions? Thanks.
- How do you deal with tiredness at work? Of course the obvious answer is to get more sleep but at that moment in time, you’re already at work, so what do you do?
- What sort of work do you do for deep work?
- How do you accomplish deep work when you don’t have control over your schedule?