Deep work can be anything that you spend time on. Whatever is important to you. For me, my deep work is writing my novels or my empowerment articles each week. Deep work could also be on a emotional, mental or spiritual level. It doesn’t have to require physical activities but it’s something that you want to work on improving about yourself or an area of your life that may be off balance.
- How do you motivate yourself and get ready?
- Is it really possible to work for 2 or 4 hours without a break? Do you prefer pomodoro-style work, with short breaks?
- What is your preparation ritual for work?
- How do you keep motivated when your deep work runs amok and your options don’t seem to be working out like you thought they would or would’ve liked them to?
- What’s the best way to apply deep work to daily personal tasks with as much success as it’s applied to work?
Deep work is when you sit down and are able to focus on your work. No distractions like notifications from the phone or colleges asking questions. Your mind stays on the task instead of wandering. There can be breaks, every 30 min or once an hour. But when you sit back down again it’s easy to get into it again because your mind hasn’t wandered that far. It’s a good productive feeling.
Deep work is when you sit down in a room with no distractions, you pick up your pencil and write what your going to focus in for the next hour or so. Deep work is when you focus on your work and think nothing else, it is when you are the MOST productive, it is when you get the most checked off your to do list, it is when you focus on this one task in hand you start off small and gradually get better, this is when you use your time wisely and this is when you get a chance to be alone and work with zero interruptions from anything or anyone!
- Once I have finished a deep work session of any length, I take a short break. However, I struggle to get back into that deep work state afterwards. Any tips for re-engaging with work after a break?
- How do you commit to your habit and able to do a deep work, without pause?
- What helps you prepare for a deep work session? Things that help you look forward to doing this daily?
- Do you stop deep work when time is up or keep going as long as your in the flow?
- How do you ensure high quality work?
- What does deep work mean for you?
- What do you do to ensure that you stay focused?
- Should I increase my focus time past 25 mins or just keep blocking it out while taking 5 min breaks in between?
- Which tasks do you choose to work on when you’re completing the deep work exercise?
- What habit do you have for deep learning?