- When did you move up from 25 minutes of deep work to a longer deep work session?
- How do you differentiate a deep and shallow work and schedule time appropriately?
- Between running around in the morning, doing habits, and trying to get to work; how do you get motivated to sit down and actually do the deep work session?
- How do you celebrate finishing the ritual?
- What does deep work mean to you? Do you write, sit quietly and let your mind wander? I’m a creative type so I wonder what others consider deep work.
When we could Spare time to to our work uninterreptedly. We will have quality unintereped time to spend with family too.
Thy said I only login when my wife is putting our two young children to sleep, and then only Monday thru Thursday evenings.
My wife will come back through and chat for bit after and it’s nice break for me. And then back to work.
Because it’s monday to thursday only it’s acceptable to her. And the kids are asleep.
And indeed I’m only doing this because I’ve started a new role that is demanding a lot of work upfront.
Otherwise frankly I’d be looking for another job.
Family is massively important. And sometimes the job has to fit around them more than they have to fit around the job.
If you have the luxury of being able find other work that is 🙂
- Is being sincere any way wrong. Is working hard wrong. Should we be careless. Should we do work perfectly or imperfectly? Should we take responsibility or not? Because people who take responsibility are sincere and hardworking but people who are careless, poor, irresponsible are environment friendly. Am I right or not?
- Once I have finished a deep work session of any length, I take a short break. However, I struggle to get back into that deep work state afterwards. Any tips for re-engaging with work after a break?
- How do you commit to your habit and able to do a deep work, without pause?
- What helps you prepare for a deep work session? Things that help you look forward to doing this daily?
- Do you stop deep work when time is up or keep going as long as your in the flow?
- How do you ensure high quality work?
- What does deep work mean for you?
- What do you do to ensure that you stay focused?
- Should I increase my focus time past 25 mins or just keep blocking it out while taking 5 min breaks in between?
- Which tasks do you choose to work on when you’re completing the deep work exercise?