Put yourself in their shoes. And know that they need you and you have to be worthy. You have to worth your position and worth the trust.
Have you read Cal Newport’s Deep Work?
I recently had similiar situation myself, and have decided that at certain time of day I will have a deep work session and will not see or allow notifications or in person questions by anyone at that time.
I was very strict with that rule and tried to clearly communicate it to my colleagues.
Very soon it fell short since not only did everyone including my boss have urgent questions, but I have realized if you do not answer or provide information at that time other members of the team will not be able to finish their tasks until my deep work session (usually 2-3 hrs per day) was over.
I came to conclusion that my position does not allow me to not be at disposal to my coworkers at all times.
I hope that maybe you have a job where you can do such thing, take time for YOUR work and that you will not feel guilty for taking that time.
Wish you all the best.
- What online resources do you recommend studying?
- How do stay focused while working, with out opening other tabs or your mind wandering?
- How do you stay focused for 4 hours?
- What is your favorite way to study?
- How can I focus on these days when I have absolutely no motivation to do anything and I feel tired?
- What is the best way to study for a big exam?
- Typing or writing? Which one do you like best?
- How can i learning english as far as possible ?
- Are u really concerntrating in the deep work??If so how??and if not why?
- How to get motivation for the deep work habit?