- I am struggling to maintain my work habit at the same hour, do you have any tips?
- Whenever I take a break, I lose track of what my plan was and I get totally lost in shallow activities. How can I deal with this?
- How do you recover from distractions and refocus?
- How do you keep motivated when your deep work runs amok and your options don’t seem to be working out like you thought they would or would’ve liked them to?
- How do you follow your routines without getting distracted?
Have you read Cal Newport’s Deep Work?
I recently had similiar situation myself, and have decided that at certain time of day I will have a deep work session and will not see or allow notifications or in person questions by anyone at that time.
I was very strict with that rule and tried to clearly communicate it to my colleagues.
Very soon it fell short since not only did everyone including my boss have urgent questions, but I have realized if you do not answer or provide information at that time other members of the team will not be able to finish their tasks until my deep work session (usually 2-3 hrs per day) was over.
I came to conclusion that my position does not allow me to not be at disposal to my coworkers at all times.
I hope that maybe you have a job where you can do such thing, take time for YOUR work and that you will not feel guilty for taking that time.
Wish you all the best.
Put yourself in their shoes. And know that they need you and you have to be worthy. You have to worth your position and worth the trust.
- How can you motivate yourself to stay in your deep work session every day, even if you have a lot other things to do besides and feel like you don’t have time for it?
- Have you ever been in situation that you must choose to go to high school which you don’t like and you can’t understand about 6 subjects in that school , you think that, that school is not for you, you think that is hard for you and you want to go to other school but your parents are not letting you to go?
- As a 12 year old gotta long should I deep work for in one sitting
- Can i know how to focus myself when carrying out the Deep Focus habit, if my daily schedule is packed and my surroundings are disturbing
- I prefer longer deep work sessions because I have read Cal Newport’s book Deep Work” . How do you customize the time and length of the deep work sessions?
- Do you try to tackle multiple small tasks or one large task during your deep work?
- My deep work is my secret project and I am my secret project to grow and heal. What are some ideas for other areas of deep work that could help me on my secret mission?
- What space do you set aside for yourself to do deep work?
- How do you get motivated to do something you have to do but dread doing??
- I feel like I have got used to the habit of distraction, especially when my phone is bymyside. Shall I leave it somewhere out of reach or try not be distracted while keeping it bymyside?