- How do you motivate yourself to study?
- I enjoy walking a lot and jogging to a certain extent, but traditional exercise like push ups, sit ups, pin ups, skipping and the like are things I absolutely dread, how do I get over that?
- Best way of meditation??
- Do you floss before or after flossing? Do you get the same benefits either way?
- I am very curious about the positioning of hands during various forms of meditation or even Integrative EMDR, using the Marcus Method. What is the current school of thought toward why certain hand positions appear to be or are more effective than others?
Have you read Cal Newport’s Deep Work?
I recently had similiar situation myself, and have decided that at certain time of day I will have a deep work session and will not see or allow notifications or in person questions by anyone at that time.
I was very strict with that rule and tried to clearly communicate it to my colleagues.
Very soon it fell short since not only did everyone including my boss have urgent questions, but I have realized if you do not answer or provide information at that time other members of the team will not be able to finish their tasks until my deep work session (usually 2-3 hrs per day) was over.
I came to conclusion that my position does not allow me to not be at disposal to my coworkers at all times.
I hope that maybe you have a job where you can do such thing, take time for YOUR work and that you will not feel guilty for taking that time.
Wish you all the best.
Put yourself in their shoes. And know that they need you and you have to be worthy. You have to worth your position and worth the trust.
- How do I keep feeling motivated for achievements?
- What do you listen to during deep work?
- How long do you do Deep Work? I’ve kept mine at 25 minutes but is there more benefit to focusing for longer periods at a time?
- Has anybody actually switched to a typewriter or writing by hand just to avoid the distractions of the Internet?
- How do you deal with procrastination?
- For musicians and artists: How do you balance work on your artistic practice with all the business stuff that goes with it?
- I struggle to get deep work done as I keep getting interrupted. This is the nature of my job so I can’t change the interruptions, any suggestions on how to do deep work with interruptions? Thanks.
- How do you deal with tiredness at work? Of course the obvious answer is to get more sleep but at that moment in time, you’re already at work, so what do you do?
- What sort of work do you do for deep work?
- How do you accomplish deep work when you don’t have control over your schedule?