I do time blocking the first thing when I wake up,after I meditate and before I get out of bed.
It looks somewhat like this.
Wake up 3:30
Meditate 3:45 or longer
After that i block out time for 30 minutes to write + edit for the coming day.
Next wash up
Then continue the day.
Other tips that help is getting ready by set cothes out the the night before .
I am getting better at this as I go with being self employed.
It is best to take your deep work seriously and breaks too.
I break ever 15 minutes with writing and drawing and games
- What kinds of tasks do you consider deep work? And how long do you dedicate to them?
- Do you play music while doing deep work?
- How do you re-focus on your deep work when you realize you have become distracted?
- What are the bigger distractions for you: interior ones like your thoughts or feelings, or exterior, like noises, other people, etc? Which are more challenging for you?
- How can you be less stressed while doing homework?
- Do you set a time limit for deep work or do you just go with the flow?
- How do you work from home?
- How can I have a better focus for deep work?
- How do I stay more consistent with my deep work or any other habit?
- What makes you work for the whole day? (Over eight hours constantly in the deep mindset)