Put your devices on do not disturb and set a timer for thirty minutes. Getting tired of working and looking at the clock with small amount of time left encourages me to finish up strong.
- How do you control yourself enough to get deep work done?
- What helps you concentrate and not get distracted during deep work?
- Is it easier to focus in complete silence, or is some ambient sound (like instrumental music) preferable?
- How to prevent boredom while doing deep work (including studying)?
- I can’t discipline myself and follow my routine so keep falling behind in my studying. How do I overcome this??
Every facet of life is highly nuanced. Things that seem uninteresting are really just a projection of our internal value system. My key for tapping into the deep work energy, is to take a moment and evaluate the nuances of what is in front of me. Some times deep work is spending incredible engaging time with your pet. Other times it’s filling out a form. Evaluating your reasons for doing something, Why it is a task in front of you, and what it truly is can start to extrapolate interesting parts. But ultimately, deep focus comes down to prioritizing. You have to fully commit. Saying I will do such and such is helpful for me to hone in.
- How do you stay focused during a Deep Work session?
- My deep work is my secret project and I am using my secret project to grow and heal. What are some ideas for other areas of deep work that could help me on my secret mission?
- How do you decide which time of the day is best for deep work and good for other no-brain tasks? How do you prioritise if no-brain tasks need to be done as soon as possible and you have many of them?
- How do you prioritize what deep work to do?
- What is the best way to meditate?
- Do you adjust your deep work sessions according to the task or do you simply work in regular intervals?
- Do you find it easier setting the reminder timers or is it better to just do each routine at specific time in the day as my shift are unpredictable and it’s hard to have a set start and end to my day?
- How do you motivate yourself and get ready?
- How do you organize your time to be efficient in deep work?
- I have a mechanical timer ⏲. Pomodoro. It’s part of me, I like to work with it. I love its loud ringing when pomodoro is up. The problem is I can only use it at home for it would scare my peers at work. Are there some silent mechanical tools for pomodoro technique and deep work sessions?