Every facet of life is highly nuanced. Things that seem uninteresting are really just a projection of our internal value system. My key for tapping into the deep work energy, is to take a moment and evaluate the nuances of what is in front of me. Some times deep work is spending incredible engaging time with your pet. Other times it’s filling out a form. Evaluating your reasons for doing something, Why it is a task in front of you, and what it truly is can start to extrapolate interesting parts. But ultimately, deep focus comes down to prioritizing. You have to fully commit. Saying I will do such and such is helpful for me to hone in.
Put your devices on do not disturb and set a timer for thirty minutes. Getting tired of working and looking at the clock with small amount of time left encourages me to finish up strong.
- How long should your deep work be?
- How do you say no politely
- How much time do they spend deep in work?
- What online resources do you recommend studying?
- How do stay focused while working, with out opening other tabs or your mind wandering?
- How do you stay focused for 4 hours?
- What is your favorite way to study?
- How can I focus on these days when I have absolutely no motivation to do anything and I feel tired?
- What is the best way to study for a big exam?
- Typing or writing? Which one do you like best?