Every facet of life is highly nuanced. Things that seem uninteresting are really just a projection of our internal value system. My key for tapping into the deep work energy, is to take a moment and evaluate the nuances of what is in front of me. Some times deep work is spending incredible engaging time with your pet. Other times it’s filling out a form. Evaluating your reasons for doing something, Why it is a task in front of you, and what it truly is can start to extrapolate interesting parts. But ultimately, deep focus comes down to prioritizing. You have to fully commit. Saying I will do such and such is helpful for me to hone in.
Put your devices on do not disturb and set a timer for thirty minutes. Getting tired of working and looking at the clock with small amount of time left encourages me to finish up strong.
- How do you do your best work?
- How long should I do deep work?
- How do you commit to something you really don’t want to do? Example: An essay 😂
- How many times a day should I have Deep Work.
- What do you consider deep work.
- Should you take a short break every 20-30mins of deep work?
- How to build focus for such a short time even. I get distracted after every 7 minutes?
- How do you decide what is work you should be thinking of when thinking of deep work?
- What do you do when it’s time to work but yr really not in the mood.
- How do you keep your focus on a task that’s necessary but boring?