Every facet of life is highly nuanced. Things that seem uninteresting are really just a projection of our internal value system. My key for tapping into the deep work energy, is to take a moment and evaluate the nuances of what is in front of me. Some times deep work is spending incredible engaging time with your pet. Other times it’s filling out a form. Evaluating your reasons for doing something, Why it is a task in front of you, and what it truly is can start to extrapolate interesting parts. But ultimately, deep focus comes down to prioritizing. You have to fully commit. Saying I will do such and such is helpful for me to hone in.
Put your devices on do not disturb and set a timer for thirty minutes. Getting tired of working and looking at the clock with small amount of time left encourages me to finish up strong.
- Do you find yourself procrastinating when you need to start a project? If so how do you get out of that mindset?
- How do you make sure you’re not interrupted during deep work?
- Is there anything you have found that keeps you focused? How do you keep that going when you get distracted?
- How long should your breaks be?
- If I don’t like coffee or tea, what can I drink to help keep me focused? ( keep in mind that I’m really serious about keeping my body healthy)
- What strategies can I do to work more consistently at certain times everyday?
- What kind of tasks do you dedicate for your Deep Work habit ?
- What’s the duration you’ve outlined for deep work?
- How to avoid procrastination?
- What kind of deep work you do