- I face issues when switching between 2 jobs. How do you switch effectively? I waste or procrastinate during the switch.
- I have a great Fabulous AM routine for waking up in the AM, but I struggle still at “not being consciously awake” enough to remind myself through self-talk why I’m choosing to get up early, and to remind myself to not crawl back in bed. How can I jump start the habit?
- What exactly is deep work?
- Best ways to focus for long stretches of time?
- I struggle to get deep work done as I keep getting interrupted. This is the nature of my job so I can’t change the interruptions, any suggestions on how to do deep work with interruptions? Thanks Caroline
The perpous fo Deep Work is to practice to have full concentration on what you are doing and be abale to control and push your self to Do the job
A bit off topic, but ideally you should finish the smaller tasks immediately as they arise, there is productivity rule of thumb; “if it takes less than 2 minutes to finish, do it immediatelly”, because the act of postponing itself takes more effort and willpower than finsihing it.
I find Deep Work is most valuable in helping me focus on what I need/want to do until it's done. Sometimes, that means just cleaning up a lot of little things!
- How can you motivate yourself to stay in your deep work session every day, even if you have a lot other things to do besides and feel like you don’t have time for it?
- Have you ever been in situation that you must choose to go to high school which you don’t like and you can’t understand about 6 subjects in that school , you think that, that school is not for you, you think that is hard for you and you want to go to other school but your parents are not letting you to go?
- As a 12 year old gotta long should I deep work for in one sitting
- Can i know how to focus myself when carrying out the Deep Focus habit, if my daily schedule is packed and my surroundings are disturbing
- I prefer longer deep work sessions because I have read Cal Newport’s book Deep Work” . How do you customize the time and length of the deep work sessions?
- Do you try to tackle multiple small tasks or one large task during your deep work?
- My deep work is my secret project and I am my secret project to grow and heal. What are some ideas for other areas of deep work that could help me on my secret mission?
- What space do you set aside for yourself to do deep work?
- How do you get motivated to do something you have to do but dread doing??
- I feel like I have got used to the habit of distraction, especially when my phone is bymyside. Shall I leave it somewhere out of reach or try not be distracted while keeping it bymyside?