Find a safe space where you feel peace and comfort. Leave your devices and work outside of that place. Start your time with a breathing exercise to calm yourself for 2 minutes. Then enjoy your time with yourself with prayer, meditation, and silence!
- How do you choose which Deep Work activity you do?
- I like the inform, negotiate and call back technique. How do other community members use it?
- What does deep work mean to you?
- How do you prioritize what deep work to do?
- How do you stay focused when work-related chats, like Slack, constantly demand your attention?
Usually i try to use my phone away from the bed and I put it in “do not disturb” mode, then I go to the bed and I read some book: reading instead of using the phone makes me sleep better
You need to find your “zone”, an activity or hobby you enjoy so much you lose track of time. The time you spend (doing whatever you choose) allows you to forget about everything, relax, and unwind. It’s a mini vacation for your mind!
Turn off your WiFi router and your mobile data, put your phone on airplane mode and settle into it. The urge to constantly check for updates will be difficult at first, but stick with it and it'll get easier
Bendavid Da mota
The trick to unplugging honestly is to just do it. Start your day by unplugging. If need be, prepare the night before for a period of time not when your devices. Then when you wake up the next day you can at least feel like you were not immediately sought after. In the beginning, start by doing it for a few hours. Eventually you may even last the whole day. The trick is to try it once. After that you will realize you do not always have to be connected to the world. You need your alone time.
- What do you do to avoid distractions?
- Is it optimal to break up deep work periods? I understood that people don’t tend to work optimally after about a 45-minute period?
- How you can do deep work?
- What’s the best way to balance food, activities and workouts?
- How do you learn to trust yourself and trust others?
- How do I wake up early in the morning every day?
- I would like to know if you have a boss and he is really in a bad mood, how do you handle this?
- Whenever I take a break, I lose track of what my plan was and I get totally lost in shallow activities. How can I deal with this?
- What advantage do you get from deep work?
- How do you find the best time of day to do deep work?