Find a safe space where you feel peace and comfort. Leave your devices and work outside of that place. Start your time with a breathing exercise to calm yourself for 2 minutes. Then enjoy your time with yourself with prayer, meditation, and silence!
- How do you treat a small, relatively easy task/work as a challenge? Get excited about petty job?
- What is your ritual before starting a deep work session?
- How do you stay focused on deep work?
- What do you do after a breakdown to start anew?
- How do you recognize and address stress when your being asked to do things last minute?
Usually i try to use my phone away from the bed and I put it in “do not disturb” mode, then I go to the bed and I read some book: reading instead of using the phone makes me sleep better
You need to find your “zone”, an activity or hobby you enjoy so much you lose track of time. The time you spend (doing whatever you choose) allows you to forget about everything, relax, and unwind. It’s a mini vacation for your mind!
Turn off your WiFi router and your mobile data, put your phone on airplane mode and settle into it. The urge to constantly check for updates will be difficult at first, but stick with it and it'll get easier
Bendavid Da mota
The trick to unplugging honestly is to just do it. Start your day by unplugging. If need be, prepare the night before for a period of time not when your devices. Then when you wake up the next day you can at least feel like you were not immediately sought after. In the beginning, start by doing it for a few hours. Eventually you may even last the whole day. The trick is to try it once. After that you will realize you do not always have to be connected to the world. You need your alone time.
- Is being sincere any way wrong. Is working hard wrong. Should we be careless. Should we do work perfectly or imperfectly? Should we take responsibility or not? Because people who take responsibility are sincere and hardworking but people who are careless, poor, irresponsible are environment friendly. Am I right or not?
- Once I have finished a deep work session of any length, I take a short break. However, I struggle to get back into that deep work state afterwards. Any tips for re-engaging with work after a break?
- How do you commit to your habit and able to do a deep work, without pause?
- What helps you prepare for a deep work session? Things that help you look forward to doing this daily?
- Do you stop deep work when time is up or keep going as long as your in the flow?
- How do you ensure high quality work?
- What does deep work mean for you?
- What do you do to ensure that you stay focused?
- Should I increase my focus time past 25 mins or just keep blocking it out while taking 5 min breaks in between?
- Which tasks do you choose to work on when you’re completing the deep work exercise?