Start the next task before the last one is completed. Also, write down what you are afraid of (why are you procrastinating?). Then ask if each of those things are true or false. For example, I’m no good at writing would be false.
- How do you feel once you have completed a truly hard deep work session?! 🤩
- Could you advice me more to reduce distraction while working?
- How do you deal with interruptions during your Deep Work session?
- I would like to know what the other Fabulous users do for their Deep Work for.
- Do you have any little rituals you perform around your Deep Work session to get you in an optimal headspace?
You could set a timer for 5 minutes to let yourself enjoy the reward of work well done but don’t let yourself do anything else than the next task.
Take a nice long break in between. Then start another deep work session while blocking distractions. Start the second session off small, maybe 5 minutes and increase from there. It’s working the same muscle, and it takes incremental steps as well.
Instead of thinking of it as each one being a single task on its own. Think of them as steps for one giant task to be done (your day)
I had to look for the “procrastinate” translation ;-). Not very good in English. But: embrace your relaxation! Maybe you can set some lines (no more than 30 min) if needed? I do the opposite: get in a “hyper” modus with too less space/time/attention for my children & husband… Good luck!
- What do you do to avoid distractions?
- Is it optimal to break up deep work periods? I understood that people don’t tend to work optimally after about a 45-minute period?
- How you can do deep work?
- What’s the best way to balance food, activities and workouts?
- How do you learn to trust yourself and trust others?
- How do I wake up early in the morning every day?
- I would like to know if you have a boss and he is really in a bad mood, how do you handle this?
- Whenever I take a break, I lose track of what my plan was and I get totally lost in shallow activities. How can I deal with this?
- What advantage do you get from deep work?
- How do you find the best time of day to do deep work?