Used to, but I try to think of the walk to and from the bathroom as time to stretch, and I don't take me phone to the bathroom so I don't bring distractions back to my workspace
Well, everyone has to use the bathroom. But I recommend going to the bathroom before the work session if possible, so that you don't have to pause. If you do end up taking a break, pause the timer so you don't count break time as working.
I haven't thought about it. I guess it is a disruption especially if it's done in the middle of deep work. I think it would be beneficial to go before deep work, in order to maximize your time spent doing deep work. It's hard to start deeo work up again once you've stopped. Mainly this is due to the disruption in work flow. Your train of thought is broken, hence you have to take time to repair (refocus), which is an unfortunate delay.
- How to focus and not get distracted
- I sometimes feel guilt when I do not do something creative or productive. Is it ok to just lay in bed some days?
- What kind of stuff do you work on? Sometimes I dont know what to do!
- How do I stay motivated with all that is going on right now?
- How do you get ready to start work ?
- How to mansge time? I find hard to stick to the time to finish a task. Almost like it gives me stress
- What should you do if you are distracted frequently?
- For me, it is hard to find the perfect place for my deep work session. I’m easily distracted by sounds in my surrounding, but there’s isn’t really a place in my house where I can sit alone. Especially now during the Corona crisis… What should I try?
- How do you stay consistent with your routine and productivity level every single day?
- How do you get back on track if you start off distracted early in your work period. Some days I work really well, but I want some ideas on how to reset and self correct on days that aren’t going well.