Decluttering is my favorite. I have decluttered emails, a drawer, a folder, a shelf. Going through something, piling it all in front of you, throwing out the junk and putting things back in order has a huge effect on productivity and priority for me. It feels so good.
- How do you avoid distractions?
- Do you ever feel like you spend so much time on routines that you don’t have time for deep work?
- Any hint to actually do the most important big tasks, during the deep work session, instead of smaller, also necessary but less critical tasks?
- What exactly is deep work?
- What do you do during your deep work time?
My homework, but typically the assignments that seem to be looming over my days. I find that if I just start it, even for five minutes, it makes the work seem less “impossible.”
Tasks that require me to put aside time for them and focus. Sometimes I struggle to make time for things that are important, so I take advantage of deep work and work on them. For example: reading, studying, and applying to jobs
Marino Da mota
Generally I choose to do my most important task of the day or the task that requires the most focus.
I use deep work twice during the day. First time is at work to block out all distractions. Second time is at home where I do a whole house organization.
During "deep work" I normally choose to tackle things that I know I need to do but I don't want to do. This can range from working on a school project to doing some deep cleaning to tackling a work assignment to running some errands. I use deep work to focus my attention on a task that I'm likely to procrastinate on. It's how I motivate myself to start on a task.
Something that usually takes a little while to really get into, like cross stitching, tackling a new tricky recipe, guitar practice. Things that take concentration
- What do you do to avoid distractions?
- Is it optimal to break up deep work periods? I understood that people don’t tend to work optimally after about a 45-minute period?
- How you can do deep work?
- What’s the best way to balance food, activities and workouts?
- How do you learn to trust yourself and trust others?
- How do I wake up early in the morning every day?
- I would like to know if you have a boss and he is really in a bad mood, how do you handle this?
- Whenever I take a break, I lose track of what my plan was and I get totally lost in shallow activities. How can I deal with this?
- What advantage do you get from deep work?
- How do you find the best time of day to do deep work?