I use deep work twice during the day. First time is at work to block out all distractions. Second time is at home where I do a whole house organization.
Tasks that require me to put aside time for them and focus. Sometimes I struggle to make time for things that are important, so I take advantage of deep work and work on them. For example: reading, studying, and applying to jobs
My homework, but typically the assignments that seem to be looming over my days. I find that if I just start it, even for five minutes, it makes the work seem less “impossible.”
Something that usually takes a little while to really get into, like cross stitching, tackling a new tricky recipe, guitar practice. Things that take concentration
During "deep work" I normally choose to tackle things that I know I need to do but I don't want to do. This can range from working on a school project to doing some deep cleaning to tackling a work assignment to running some errands. I use deep work to focus my attention on a task that I'm likely to procrastinate on. It's how I motivate myself to start on a task.
Generally I choose to do my most important task of the day or the task that requires the most focus.
Decluttering is my favorite. I have decluttered emails, a drawer, a folder, a shelf. Going through something, piling it all in front of you, throwing out the junk and putting things back in order has a huge effect on productivity and priority for me. It feels so good.
- How to get motivation for the deep work habit?
- I need some focus and motivational quotes to help me get going.
- What’s a good time to do deep work. Morning, afternoon or evening?
- How to stop procrastinating?
- What do you do when you can’t focus?
- What do you consider as deep work?
- How do you increase the amount of deep work you do without getting distracted?
- What’s your idea of deep work? Does it need to be at a desk or can it be a sport ir house chore?
- How to I get motivated to work when I can easily just not do anything ?
- What do you for your Deep Work Habit if you are retired or otherwise don’t work outside the home?