I maintain concentration during deep work by focusing my mind on the task at hand, participating in each one and reminding myself of why I am doing the task and the results I want to see when I have finished. During deep work I read, I write, I journal, I handle tasks I have put off and yes that can include doing the dishes or folding clothes.
- I feel so tired between 2-5pm. How do I stay on task and motivated during these times?
- How do you treat a small, relatively easy task/work as a challenge? Get excited about petty job?
- What strategies do you use to keep yourself from getting distracted during your work sessions?
- What techniques do you use to build deep work habit?
- Sometimes I can’t complete the deep work task as my activities change during the day, what is your approach to getting it done when this happens?
Concentrate through dedicated focus, clear intent. Topic can be anything – key is no distractions – work with presence and intensity. Set fixed time to get it done. In a way the question illustrates lack of focus – multiple directions…first work one thing, then the next, then the next…
My concentration improved with doing mindfulness which was ACT that is acceptance and commitment therapy after doing that and meditating my concentration improved so much so what I do as a whole range of things in deep work it's usually paperwork and and some learning learning new skills brain exercises I do as well
Anything really that you consider deep work is deep work. I would focus more on something that is for yourself. My deep work includes reading, writing, research, practicing another language. It is filled with the thinks I wan to do that day that are contributing to my goals.
- Do you stop deep work when time is up or keep going as long as your in the flow?
- How do you ensure high quality work?
- What does deep work mean for you?
- What do you do to ensure that you stay focused?
- Should I increase my focus time past 25 mins or just keep blocking it out while taking 5 min breaks in between?
- Which tasks do you choose to work on when you’re completing the deep work exercise?
- What habit do you have for deep learning?
- Do you always use the timer? Do you find you stick to this habit better if you do or don’t?
- What distractions do you find helpful to get rid of, besides other technology?
- What do you do for Deep Work habit?