I focus on my smaller tasks which involve clearing my conscience of all payments or communication which require the ball being in someone else’s court for getting back to me. After I have completed those relatively quick tasks I can focus on my bigger tasks.
I write about how my day went, how I felt with the day going how it went. I check in with the person that I am and cry if I need to cry and comfort myself if I need to comfort myself. I celebrate my day and my life, I learn about who I am and the things that I love.
I personally write as many short poems as I can. 2-4 lines each, and not necessarily rhyming. It’s basically coherent word vomit. Many days I just sit there with one while I spend a majority of the time just sitting there thinking or dissociating. I have been able to finish at least one each day, so I still feel accomplished in that
- Do you find yourself procrastinating when you need to start a project? If so how do you get out of that mindset?
- How do you make sure you’re not interrupted during deep work?
- Is there anything you have found that keeps you focused? How do you keep that going when you get distracted?
- How long should your breaks be?
- If I don’t like coffee or tea, what can I drink to help keep me focused? ( keep in mind that I’m really serious about keeping my body healthy)
- What strategies can I do to work more consistently at certain times everyday?
- What kind of tasks do you dedicate for your Deep Work habit ?
- What’s the duration you’ve outlined for deep work?
- How to avoid procrastination?
- What kind of deep work you do