I write about how my day went, how I felt with the day going how it went. I check in with the person that I am and cry if I need to cry and comfort myself if I need to comfort myself. I celebrate my day and my life, I learn about who I am and the things that I love.
- What do you do when your task takes longer than 25 minutes?
- If your career is largely a matter of self discipline (writing, painting, etc) how do you combat periods of sadness, doubt or any other mood?
- Do you find it more beneficial to deeply focus on tasks at hand or spend time on an ongoing project when you are fully focused for a dedicated time span?
- How do you adhere to your your deep work schedule?
- My deep work is my secret project and I am my secret project to grow and heal. What are some ideas for other areas of deep work that could help me on my secret mission?
I personally write as many short poems as I can. 2-4 lines each, and not necessarily rhyming. It’s basically coherent word vomit. Many days I just sit there with one while I spend a majority of the time just sitting there thinking or dissociating. I have been able to finish at least one each day, so I still feel accomplished in that
I focus on my smaller tasks which involve clearing my conscience of all payments or communication which require the ball being in someone else’s court for getting back to me. After I have completed those relatively quick tasks I can focus on my bigger tasks.
- Is being sincere any way wrong. Is working hard wrong. Should we be careless. Should we do work perfectly or imperfectly? Should we take responsibility or not? Because people who take responsibility are sincere and hardworking but people who are careless, poor, irresponsible are environment friendly. Am I right or not?
- Once I have finished a deep work session of any length, I take a short break. However, I struggle to get back into that deep work state afterwards. Any tips for re-engaging with work after a break?
- How do you commit to your habit and able to do a deep work, without pause?
- What helps you prepare for a deep work session? Things that help you look forward to doing this daily?
- Do you stop deep work when time is up or keep going as long as your in the flow?
- How do you ensure high quality work?
- What does deep work mean for you?
- What do you do to ensure that you stay focused?
- Should I increase my focus time past 25 mins or just keep blocking it out while taking 5 min breaks in between?
- Which tasks do you choose to work on when you’re completing the deep work exercise?